ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #796 of 1,258
Maybe it's my phone that doesn't have good power output. Will try them on my PC when I have the opportunity.

I'm running them from my OnePlus X and it seems to drive them OK so far.

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #798 of 1,258
Maybe it's my phone that doesn't have good power output. Will try them on my PC when I have the opportunity.

That very well could be as I've probably got 50+ hours on my Zirc's now and they have tightened up quite a bit and they do not sound as detailed and solid with my iPhone 6 as opposed to this
wink_face.gif

Dec 4, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #799 of 1,258
Dec 4, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #804 of 1,258
So after 7 weeks I finally got my Zircons. I almost lost every hope, that they could arrive. Gotta say that they sound great straight out the box. The bass is really amazing on them. I will let them burn in for a while and then maybe I'll write some of my impressions on them.

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #805 of 1,258
I believe you are correct...I just got in the ZS1's and bass was lacking and highs were a bit off as well. The SD did bring out the bass quite nicely and the highs may have benefited as well. I only took a quick listen but I agree with what you've said and that would be the opposite of what the Zircon's need. 

So I finally got around to try the Spiral Dots on the Zircon and they does indeed bring out every ounce of bass on them. So for those finding the bass lacking on the Zircons the SD would be good solution :wink:

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #806 of 1,258
cool.gif
Like I've mentioned before (at least several times in this thread), You can't go into the Zircons expecting the Next Giant Killer. They aren't Audiophile by any means. BUT they are Loud (amazingly so for their diminutive size), and They Are BASS CANNONS.

If you pair them up with the proper material and Genre' they are just a FUN earphone. Just Crank them up, enjoy them for what they are, don't over-analyze them, and for Heaven's sake DON'T throw out your Noble Audio CIEM's.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #807 of 1,258
:cool: Like I've mentioned before (at least several times in this thread), You can't go into the Zircons expecting the Next Giant Killer. They aren't Audiophile by any means. BUT they are Loud (amazingly so for their diminutive size), and They Are BASS CANNONS.

If you pair them up with the proper material and Genre' they are just a FUN earphone. Just Crank them up, enjoy them for what they are, don't over-analyze them, and for Heaven's sake DON'T throw out your Noble Audio CIEM's. :D

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Yep, Zircon are among the best in the budget averege-consumer market, they aren't trying to compete in the audiophile/hi-fi market.

Dec 5, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #808 of 1,258
So I finally got around to try the Spiral Dots on the Zircon and they does indeed bring out every ounce of bass on them. So for those finding the bass lacking on the Zircons the SD would be good solution
wink.gif

Anyone finding the bass lacking on Zircons my have a hearing issue...
eek.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #809 of 1,258
  Anyone finding the bass lacking on Zircons my have a hearing issue...
eek.gif

cool.gif
I would certainly think so.

ALSO: If they aren't rotated on Axis correctly, it will diminish their sound considerably. An imaginary axis that extends from one ear and out the other, with rotation either towards the front or back of the head. I find this quite common in earphones with angled nozzles. Although generally the human ear canal is shaped up and towards the front as the nozzles are designed to mimic, You have to assume there are millions of deviations in that general shape.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back