ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Dec 3, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #782 of 1,258
Has anyone tried the kz zs1? How is the bass compared to the zicrons ?

Tried both. Zircon's bass is deeper and more precise. ZS1's bass is muddier and leans more towards the mid-bass. The mids and highs are more crisp on the Zircon. Also the build quality of Zircon is much better and same goes for comfort and fit.

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #785 of 1,258
Okay so, after around 20 hours of burn in I decided to take my Zircons for some listening today. The main point is that I am finally starting to see why these IEMs are such a good value for £7, they are definitely fun to listen to... especially Trance music. Saying that though, I am not sure if they would be my daily driver as I can see them getting quite fatiguing after long periods of listening (more than an hour).

While I would still regard them as bass cannons, the bass has tightened up slightly and the whole spectrum presentation has gotten much clearer. Highs still aren't as detailed as I would prefer them to be but saying that there doesnt seem to be any painful peaks anywhere (are you listening JVC???).

Next step, going to continue to burn them in over the next few days. Hopefully will try to get around 60 hours on them by next week and then I will return with an update.

PS. I'm using the smallest stock tips, and my source is a OnePlus X.

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #786 of 1,258

Zircon. If you want more boomier than Zircon (trembling sub-bass), you have the Plextone X41M, but there the mids are slightly less clear.

Hey Igor. Zircon deserves five stars in AudioBudget? I access several times in the hope of new reviews.
More reviews please.
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #787 of 1,258
Hey Igor. Zircon deserves five stars in AudioBudget? I access several times in the hope of new reviews.

More reviews please. :ksc75smile:

Yep, I just have so many unopened earphones that I can't get my hands on ROCK Zircon and Mula reviews. The next review to be uploaded is MOAOL M850 (great earphones).

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #788 of 1,258
Tried a bunch of different tips last night with the Zircon's and they do kick @$$ with some nice highs for a hp that's so bassy. Unfortunately they sound great on some tracks but then on another it sounds like a cheap sub dialed up way too high. I'll tell you though when you do hit the right song(s) they sound excellent... especially for the price of admission. 
etysmile.gif

I'm gonna keep tip rolling and see if I can find one that's even better than the ones I'm using now which I believe are just a standard medium grey pair I got with one of the KZ variants...no red bore, no blue whirlwind or spinning spiral dots just some butt ugly grey tips.
Just goes to show you you never know which tip will work best for you on a certain hp without experimenting for a few hours.

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #789 of 1,258
  Tried a bunch of different tips last night with the Zircon's and they do kick @$$ with some nice highs for a hp that's so bassy. Unfortunately they sound great on some tracks but then on another it sounds like a cheap sub dialed up way too high. I'll tell you though when you do hit the right song(s) they sound excellent... especially for the price of admission. 
etysmile.gif

I'm gonna keep tip rolling and see if I can find one that's even better than the ones I'm using now which I believe are just a standard medium grey pair I got with one of the KZ variants...no red bore, no blue whirlwind or spinning spiral dots just some butt ugly grey tips.
Just goes to show you you never know which tip will work best for you on a certain hp without experimenting for a few hours.

cool.gif
I agree. Their Bass isn't fast enough for a lot of Genres'. They Excel at EDM, Trance and Classical. In Particular. And even though I can't stand these Genres', I'm betting their good for RAP and Hip Hop as well.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #790 of 1,258
Finally received my Zircon, unfortunately in the wrong color...
First impressions:
-Too much bass. Will see if it settles with burn in.
-Not too impressed. Was expecting it to be better.

Will try to eq to see if I can reduce the bass a bit.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #791 of 1,258
Finally received my Zircon, unfortunately in the wrong color...
First impressions:
-Too much bass. Will see if it settles with burn in.
-Not too impressed. Was expecting it to be better.

Will try to eq to see if I can reduce the bass a bit.

Bass will go down and tighten up with burn in.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #793 of 1,258
I hope so. Will give my thoughts after some time then. They seem quite mediocre by now. But comfort and fit are good with the smaller tips.

Unfortunately that mirrors my impression as well.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #795 of 1,258
I hope so. Will give my thoughts after some time then. They seem quite mediocre by now. But comfort and fit are good with the smaller tips.

I use the smaller tips as well.

Unfortunately that mirrors my impression as well.

Yeah they seemed mediocre, even bad to me out to the box but after 20 or so hours of burn in they have improved dramatically. Presentation as cleared up, bass reduced and tightened. Downside is the soundstage also has reduced slightly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back