ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread
Nov 16, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #691 of 1,258
  Hello everybody!
I was so intrigued by this thread, particularly by huge sound stage and clear sound, that registered just to ask a question. Did anybody here have an opportunity to compare Zircon or Mula with VSonic VSD1S, or Logitech UE 600 ?
I'm using UE600 with xDuoo X2 player, and am rather satisfied.
I also have Soundmagic PL50 and E10 - both I like less than UE 600.
But as it sometimes happens, I just need to try something new... :) 
I like armature sound for its clarity and not muttering bass. And I'd try some hybrids - but have no money for something predictable in this class.
So in a need for some change - VSonics are already on the way to me.
But...
I found this thread and I asked that question.

cool.gif
I would expect at 2-3x the cost the Vsonic would be an improvement. However I have a pair of Earmax ER580 which LOOK Identical to those UE600 and their performance is abysmal.

I'm betting the Zircon slays both though. If you are looking for Audiophile EQ these ain't it. If You want LOTS of Bass and a FUN listen don't hesitate to buy a Pair.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #692 of 1,258
Received the Mannhas E170 yesterday and I have to say: they sound really great. Compared to the Zircons: more balanced (less bass, more detailed). I also find them more comfortable, in fact I fell asleep with them lying on my side. Just like the Zircons I like the design where you can tell left from right immediately.

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #693 of 1,258
Looks like my Zircons and Mulas are on the plane to UK!

Nov 19, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #694 of 1,258
  Received the Mannhas E170 yesterday and I have to say: they sound really great. Compared to the Zircons: more balanced (less bass, more detailed). I also find them more comfortable, in fact I fell asleep with them lying on my side. Just like the Zircons I like the design where you can tell left from right immediately.

Just did a quick search of  the Mannhas E170. These are the kind of earphones i like for the gym. How is the bass impact and quality compared to the zircons? And hows the isolation and microphonics? Thanks. 

Nov 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #695 of 1,258

Just did a quick search of  the Mannhas E170. These are the kind of earphones i like for the gym. How is the bass impact and quality compared to the zircons? And hows the isolation and microphonics? Thanks. 

The E170 have plenty of bass, but less than the Zircon. They have the same fun sounding character as the Zircon, same wide sound stage.
Isolation is ok. Only tested the microphonics just then, when I was interrupted by a tele marketeer few hours ago. I think she could hear me just fine.

I think they're excellent for the gym. They are very comfortable and you hardly notice you have them on after a while. I'd say try them, they sell for around $15 on AlieX.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #696 of 1,258
The E170 have plenty of bass, but less than the Zircon. They have the same fun sounding character as the Zircon, same wide sound stage.
Isolation is ok. Only tested the microphonics just then, when I was interrupted by a tele marketeer few hours ago. I think she could hear me just fine.

I think they're excellent for the gym. They are very comfortable and you hardly notice you have them on after a while. I'd say try them, they sell for around $15 on AlieX.

I read a Russian review on one of the sellers pages and he said that the cable was very sticky, and highly microphonic.

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #698 of 1,258
cool.gif
Nope. the upper half is that TFE coated wire (teflon) material and the Bottom half is Cloth Covered which I wish ALL headphones were.

They are VERY well built.

OR were you referring to the E170's?  In that case nevermind....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #699 of 1,258

cool.gif
Nope. the upper half is that TFE coated wire (teflon) material and the Bottom half is Cloth Covered which I wish ALL headphones were.

They are VERY well built.

OR were you referring to the E170's?  In that case nevermind....

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Zircon Lover
rolleyes.gif
beerchug.gif
LOL

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #700 of 1,258
Nov 20, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #701 of 1,258
Nov 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #702 of 1,258
tried my Zircon's with smaller bore tips, did not really dialed bass back... anyway they remind me of my thousand years old urBeats
fun to listen to, but I get headaches after a while because of the too much bass.

Nov 20, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #704 of 1,258
I've received my ROCK Zircon form the 11/11 sale today, courtesy of the previously recommended Aliexpress seller. Wow, what a bass cannons. I've tried the stock tips and some medium foam tips but both give an incredibly boomy sound. Is there any way to tone down the low end a little bit? I love my in-ears warm and rich of bass but even for me this is a bit too much of a subwoofer experience
basshead.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #705 of 1,258
  I've received my ROCK Zircon form the 11/11 sale today, courtesy of the previously recommended Aliexpress seller. Wow, what a bass cannons. I've tried the stock tips and some medium foam tips but both give an incredibly boomy sound. Is there any way to tone down the low end a little bit? I love my in-ears warm and rich of bass but even for me this is a bit too much of a subwoofer experience
basshead.gif

Narrower bore tips help at first. Better yet, about 50 hrs of burn-in time helps tighten up the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back