Rock out with FREE DENON Headphones! - Must enter this week
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #241 of 247
I havent even gotten mine yet! T_T

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #242 of 247
If anyone is interested in these cans, PM me.

I would consider sending them to someone for the shipping cost to them.

I have a set of LCD2's and Audio Technica M50s and really do not need these at all..

Alex

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #243 of 247
I just received mine.(I live in the Netherlands)
Neatly packed. Clearly sub 100$ cans, but very nice nonetheless. They have a strange size. They're too small to be circumaural, but they are larger than your average on-ear. Still I find them rather comfortable for an on-ear design.
This is the R-version, which means it has control buttons for iPod and iPhone and a small mic. They all work as advertised.
And now for the sound:
boom, boom, boom......
I very soon decided to lay them down and let them loosen up for a while with some loud bass heavy music.
I'll be back...

I very much appreciate the gesture of Denon to give away these cans.

I'm back.
My impressions after a some burn-in and more use:
- I realised my ears are rather big. If I fumble a bit, these cans are sort of circumaural. Comfort is above average.
- treble came to life, mids remain, as often the case in modern cans, a bit shy. Bass is still a bit overwhelming, but bassheads probably like this. There is a hump in the 250 Hz region, which makes the sound a bit boxy. Maybe I'll mod them someday.
For you guys who are familiar with the AKG K518DJ: the sound is rather resembling, except for the aforementioned hump which the AKGs seem to have at approx. 125 Hz.
- Isolation is modest, not as good as the AKGs.
Because of the higher comfort, these Denons will probably replace the AKGs for most uses. I'll probably only prefer AKG K518DJ for travelling by ferry because of the superior isolation.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #244 of 247
If you have Dynamat on hand I would suggest doing a semi markl mod on them. it really tames and tightens the boomy bass and brings the treble out a bit.

Quote:
I just received mine.(I live in the Netherlands)
Neatly packed. Clearly sub 100$ cans, but very nice nonetheless. They have a strange size. They're too small to be circumaural, but they are larger than your average on-ear. Still I find them rather comfortable for an on-ear design.
This is the R-version, which means it has control buttons for iPod and iPhone and a small mic. They all work as advertised.
And now for the sound:
boom, boom, boom......
I very soon decided to lay them down and let them loosen up for a while with some loud bass heavy music.

I'll be back...

I very much appreciate the gesture of Denon to give away these cans.

Oct 15, 2011 at 10:05 AM Post #246 of 247
Ok the cans are given away....for all those that replied..sorry only one set here to giveaway....

Alex
darthsmile.gif

Oct 18, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #247 of 247
Got mine today, and I love them, an absolutely fantastic addition to my iPad whilst I browse the forums etc - Pause/Volume functions help so much - I also find with the 'Treble Booster' EQ - It balances them out to a more respectable sound
biggrin.gif

Thanks a lot Denon
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back