Rock Must-Have albums
Dec 9, 2006 at 9:13 PM Post #16 of 76
Probably a good idea!
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #17 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like that list because Van Morrison's 'Astral Weeks' is in the top 20. I personally like Van's 'Moondance' better, but Astral Weeks is deserving of a top 20 spot on a best albums of all time list (IMO).

I love that list as well. It really helped me expanding my music knowledge and tastes
tongue.gif

Plus their comments on each album are a nice feature as well.

You really need to be in the mood in order to enjoy Astral Weeks, I find it really hard to listen some times. The lyrics sure are amazing though.
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #18 of 76
The Rolling Stones - Exile on Main St.
The Stooges - Raw Power
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
Guns 'n Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Nirvana - Nevermind
The Doors - Strange Days
Led Zeppelin IV

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 76
1992: Alice in Chains - Dirt (best grunge rock album)
1998: The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet? (the best Atmospheric Rock album)
1998: VAST - Visual Audio Sensory Theater (dont know what to call this, as it borrows influences from many forms, but nevertheless one of the best rock albums of the late 90's IMO

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:30 AM Post #23 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermitt
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
Good call, says this Procol fan!

I've been trying for a couple years now to find the only solo lp released by James Dewar (Original vocals before Davy Pattison) Stumbledown Romancer. Unfortunately, the email on this site -> Link to James Dewar site doesn't work any longer
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #24 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been trying for a couple years now to find the only solo lp released by James Dewar (Original vocals before Davy Pattison) Stumbledown Romancer. Unfortunately, the email on this site -> Link to James Dewar site doesn't work any longer
frown.gif

I'm having the same type of trouble trying to hunt down the first LP of a London, Ontario band named Thundermug. Some great music to be had, but I can only find their (only) single, Africa.

Dec 10, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #25 of 76
Eagles - Greatest Hits
Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian
Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien
Dio - Holy Diver

I just love these CDs!
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2006 at 4:00 AM Post #26 of 76
Allman Brothers Band - Live at Fillmore East/The Fillmore Concerts (same gigs, different treatments) An amazing live band at their best— before Duane Allman passed away, and before Gregg met Cher.

Yes - Close to the Edge Probably the quintessential progressive rock album.

Genesis - Selling England By the Pound Before Peter Gabriel left, before Phil Collins started writing Disney soundtracks. Clever lyrics, brilliant compositions and playing.

Deep Purple - Machine Head Includes 'Smoke on the Water,' 'Highway Star' and 'Space Truckin.' Need I say more?

Led Zeppelin - S/T, II, Houses of the Holy, Physical Graffiti If I have to explain it....

These are all from the '70's. Do us both a favor and skip the '80's.

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #28 of 76
Coming back with a list of suggestions. This time, the dreaded 90s!

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Bloodsugarsexmagik"
Dinosaur Jr. "Without a Sound"
Weezer "Self Titled"
Nirvana "In Utero"
The Flaming Lips "The Soft Bulletin"
Anthrax "Sound of White Noise"
Frank Black "Teenager of the Year"
Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream"
Jeff Buckley "Grace"
Soundgarden "Badmotorfinger"

Dec 10, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #29 of 76
i love my vinyl, i love some of those "virgin vinyl" ones, and there were only a few of the mfsl ones that were really good sound. i have a bunch of cds that have both. i like suggestions here to.

peter gabriel so remast.
nigel kennedy 4 seasons
rolling stones rarities
beatles 1
seal gh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back