Rock Bands with Female Vocals?
Nov 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 92
My favorites:

Fisher
Plumb
Garbage
Veruca Salt

also, Tara Sloan (Slone?) who was on one of those bad RockStar TV shows put out a very good rock CD. That's hard to find though.

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #18 of 92
The Kills
The Dead Weather
Sleater-Kinney
The Dresden Dolls
The XX
Blonde Redhead
Heartless Bastards
Throwing Muses
Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #21 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...just discovered Symphonic Metal - Within Temptation, Nightwish....

lol, I remember the first time I heard Kamelot(not really the same, but within the same partial strand of metal). All I could really say was wow, and I have yet to have the same reaction to a band...

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #22 of 92
What's really amazing is that I also listen to a lot of classical music, as well as symphonic/orchestral soundtrack, and this is almost like an ethereal fusion of both...but thankfully I'm quite picky among particular female vocals, and I'm not trying to get everything...I think Within, Nightwish, and 1 or 2 others are what I'm going to get...those just have a great singer backed by an awesome band (and sometimes, orchestra..=0)

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #23 of 92
Quote:

What's really amazing is that I also listen to a lot of classical music, as well as symphonic/orchestral soundtrack, and this is almost like an ethereal fusion of both...but thankfully I'm quite picky among particular female vocals, and I'm not trying to get everything...I think Within, Nightwish, and 1 or 2 others are what I'm going to get...those just have a great singer backed by an awesome band (and sometimes, orchestra..=0)

if you think you could stand some male vocals I highly suggest kamelot, amazing male singer(if I'm not mistaken he was trained for opera singing, not 100% on that though) they also have a female guest on every once in awhile; check out love me to death, anthem, and the Elizabeth song trilogy(three parts, all start with Elizabeth: -insert title name--)

just youtube them
L3000.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #24 of 92
Sky Larkin -

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Plus the drummer is fab too

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #25 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by muxenle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you think you could stand some male vocals I highly suggest kamelot, amazing male singer(if I'm not mistaken he was trained for opera singing, not 100% on that though) they also have a female guest on every once in awhile; check out love me to death, anthem, and the Elizabeth song trilogy(three parts, all start with Elizabeth: -insert title name--)

just youtube them
L3000.gif

Pretty good, but the majority of my rock collection is predominantly male vocals...just trying to expand on the vocals of the fair sex...xD

Within Temptation's Silent Force album is brilliant...the whole nine yards..

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #26 of 92
No Doubt

Nov 12, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #27 of 92
Quote:

Pretty good, but the majority of my rock collection is predominantly male vocals...just trying to expand on the vocals of the fair sex...xD

Within Temptation's Silent Force album is brilliant...the whole nine yards..

Ya, I partially listened to that album(got distracted by the interwebs/school work) but it did sound really good.

But for me Khan(kamelots vocalist) voice at times is amazing, beautiful, and packed with emotion...

Silent force seemed to be pretty powerful music wise, and her voice was beautiful, it just didn't seem to have enough power or force in it to fully draw me in(possibly because I know spend a lot of time listening to bands like August Burns Red...)

hehe sorry, they are what semi-got me into metal, I'll always have a soft spot for that band
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll also always have a slight soft spot for dragon force, who opened the world of metal for me, even though I still slightly mock them and laugh at them
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #29 of 92
A few not mentioned:
Breeders
Ting Tings
Elastica
Goldfrapp
Ladytron
Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X (though not girl-fronted after that, I think)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back