Rock Bands with Female Vocals?
Nov 10, 2009 at 3:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

DeusEx

Headphoneus Supremus
Nov 10, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 92
Looking for more newer groups...

Fireflight is very listenable...=0

Flyleaf isn't bad...but reminds me of Paramore...

Nov 10, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #7 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking for more newer groups...

Fireflight is very listenable...=0

Flyleaf isn't bad...but reminds me of Paramore...

I know, I like fireflight, I was just talking about flyleaf; at least with my current DAP/IEM/possibly sound file(got from amazon download) I get a lot of sibilance(think that's what its called, a small section that is really harsh/high pitched) seems to mostly happen with her high pitched screams/vocals, or it may be that she does something in them that just really grates with me(though I doubt that, coming from listening to metal with harsh vocals and lots of growls, and a couple of screams)

regardless it seems that I cringe at least once one every song from their self-tilted album

Nov 10, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #8 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman711 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Within Temptation

Have no idea how I missed this...maybe cause they're Dutch...although everything's in English?..

@muxenle, that's what I'm trying to avoid..high pitched screaming...coming from Acoustic Folk/Pop Rock here, so I'm
basically wanting a standout, lyrical female voice backed up (not drowned out) by a great band xD

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #14 of 92
Not sure if this classifies as "rock," per se, more like "indie." But Rilo Kiley and Jenny Lewis (same lead singer, the latter band is her solo career) has great stuff to listen to. Words can't explain how creative and clever the rhythms and lyrics are.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #15 of 92
Here are some of my recent faves that might work or not.

Mankind is Obsolete - Rise
Metric - Live It Out
Pretty Girls Make Graves - The New Romance
The Sounds - Dying to Say This to You
You Say Party! We Say Die! - XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back