Robert Mondavi Passed Away Friday, May 16, 2008
May 19, 2008 at 4:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

aamefford

I have a custom title!
I don't know all the details, but he passed away at home. He was 94. I spent a number of years in the restaurant business in the Napa Valley in the early '80's and '90's. I had the honor of meeting Mr. Mondavi and his wife on several occasions. He was a true gentleman, a philanthropist, a patron, a pioneer, a business man and an artist. The world will be poorer for his loss, and much, much richer for his legacy.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Mondavi, and God be with your family and especially your wife during this time.

Aaron.

May 19, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 6
The name was vaguely familiar so I had to look him up. Seems like he had a good, long, life operating his winery in California. RIP Mr. Mondavi. I was surprised to discover that until he bought them out, the (former) Canadian beer company, Molson's, controlled his winery for a time in the early years.

May 19, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 6
I almost majored in wine (Enology and Viticulture) at the "Robert Mondavi Center for Food and Wine Science" at UC Davis.

May 19, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 6
Very sad news indeed. Ironically, I drank a glass of Mondavi cabernet with dinner last night. I hope his family are doing well during this trying time...

May 20, 2008 at 1:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Sad news indeed, his Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve is one of the best wines. Of course there is Opus 1.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back