Rob watts DAC design talk
Nov 19, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #317 of 468
I look forward to you reporting back on the chord mojo. Also it's equally as hurtful when others de-value the head gear of other members without even listening to it. It cuts both ways.

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #318 of 468
I challenge you to go and audition some chord gear vs entry level stuff and report back. Can't get any fairer than that. Easily done with a phonecall.

Oh and science is impartial and based on proofs not a bunch of people getting together having already pre-formed all pre-conclusions and then proceeding to announce them loud and clear for all to hear.

Can you provide links to impartial proofs, objective data, and/or controlled tests to support the claims you’re making about Chord products? No marketing materials or Rob Watts quotes please - independent sources only.

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:16 PM Post #319 of 468
The ultimate test is for you to just go and listen to a chord mojo at 400 pounds. One phonecall away to a dealer then report back please. The material you ask for is all over headfi and the web. I don't have to prove anything just the beautiful sound of music through chord gear to my ears......ahhh....not experienced elsewhere. You would only tear apart anything i presented you evidence wise.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #320 of 468
The ultimate test is for you to just go and listen to a chord mojo at 400 pounds. One phonecall away to a dealer then report back please. The material you ask for is all over headfi and the web. I don't have to prove anything just the beautiful sound of music through chord gear to my ears......ahhh....not experienced elsewhere.

Interesting - you posted that science is based on proofs, yet when asked to provide evidence supporting your claims of the technical superiority of Chord products, your response is to suggest a subjective listening session.

Not very compelling and not appropriate in this subforum where when a claim is made, you are expected to at least provide objective supporting evidence if not outright proof. If the material supporting your claims is “all over headfi and the web”, it should be trivially easy for you to provide links to it.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #321 of 468
It is easy for me to copy and paste a load of technical data and make myself look clever but i'm enjoying my music so much i just can't be bothered to. I'll leave the one sided anti hi-fidelity thread to those who linger here while i continue to enjoy the music.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #323 of 468
No troll two of your members have told me they are considering a mojo test. There is no greater test than for an individual to listen themselves. END. I admit i am not qualified to represent technical data regarding any manufacturer. I auditioned many rigs and dacs, amps etc over a 2 year period and chord won hands down.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #324 of 468
Ah, there you go. I don't even have an amp, so it's all headphone out for me. It also explains why, after a certain amount of money(usually $100 or so), I can't tell the difference either!

As long as your impedance is matched and the sensitivity is high, you are good to go. The only reason for an amp is if you need more juice. I have Oppo PM-1s which are very good cans, but they don't require amping. The output from the headphone amp is the same as the line out (yes, I've checked), but that isn't true of all headphones.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #325 of 468
Assuming someone is rich because they possess some high end head gear is a big mistake.

If you work in the business, this stuff can be tax deductible. I have high end gear, and I have cheap stuff. When the cheap stuff sounds the same as the expensive stuff, I don't buy the expensive stuff any more... even if I can write it off my taxes. I have better equipment to invest in.

I'm happy to do a listening test with the Mojo. Do you have a way for me to do that without pulling out a credit card? I'm trustworthy. Happy to give you my real name and address and pay for postage back and forth.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #326 of 468
Complete nonsense regarding oppo pm1. i carefully tested out of my hp laptop, imac headphone out and going from these two to a chord mojo was a massive increase in detail resolution, added power controlling the headphone far better alongside every other musical quality you can think of. The pm1 sounded dead dead dead out of the computers vs chord mojo dac/amp. Even i was surprised by what was a true transformation. The pm1 then scaled up considerably with my hugo2 and finally adding the mscaler gave it another beautiful lift.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 12:15 AM Post #327 of 468
I did a listening test with the PM-1 amped through the HA-1 compared to unamped straight out of an iPod. I'll send you my HA-1 to test for yourself if you send me your Chord.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #328 of 468
The chord mojo has been reported more than once to be superior to ha1. Search ha1 thread.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #329 of 468
I'll send it back to you. Would you like my contact info? You can contact me directly. I'd love to be able to verify your impressions. If you're not interested in the HA-1, that is fine. I'd still like to do a listening test with the Chord.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #330 of 468
I've heard the pm1 with ha1 and mojo its clear which i preferred. Why is that so loathed here? My last post here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back