Road trip 2009 (picture heavy..)
Jul 5, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #16 of 26
I really want to go to Scandinavia someday. It is simply gorgeous, and your pictures are not helping one bit
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really want to go to Scandinavia someday. It is simply gorgeous, and your pictures are not helping one bit
biggrin.gif

Yea no kidding. I want to do a trip like this just see a ton of scenery maybe in europe or canada or alaska in a few years i will go...

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #20 of 26
Thanks all!
The trip was just awesome. So much spectacular nature to look at, and twisty roads just as if they were designed for motorcycle riding... Traffic wise there were quite a few mobil homes (German, French, San Marino, Italy, The Netherlands, ...) and of course a random car once in a while. Mostly on my own though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice pics. I bet it's still cold even it has a sunshine.
redface.gif

Depends what you mean with cold.
In the lower land it was anywhere between 18 and 28°C (I saw 31°C once). While in some of the longer tunnels (4-7km long) up in the mountains it was down to 7°C. The tunnels were quite cold, but the rest was almost perfect driving temperature..

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #21 of 26
Awesome pics of an awesome trip. My longest trip on a motorcycle was back in 1983, a +/-600 mile round trip: Spring City, TN => Chattanooga, TN => Atlanta, GA => Augusta, GA where I stayed for a couple of days w/ a couple of friends and then returned. Your trip brought back a lot of memories of riding in the Smokies National Park in the 1980's.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #22 of 26
Absolutely Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

You should head up for a trip around the Sierra Nevadas. It's not the same, but that's what these photos remind me of.

And yet more temptation to pick up a motorcycle. I've always loved them.

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should head up for a trip around the Sierra Nevadas. It's not the same, but that's what these photos remind me of.

And yet more temptation to pick up a motorcycle. I've always loved them.

These really remind me of Alaska to be honest, such a dynamic and awesome landscape and makes sense based on lattitude. I am trying to find somewhere in continental US to go to in a few years like this now lol.

So far I was thinking while no snow maybe go around central oregon, olympia and associated other places in that vicinity.

Another thought was northern canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back