RME ADI-2?
Jan 31, 2005 at 5:48 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daroid
Good board, that Gearslutz one
smily_headphones1.gif
Of course Lavry Blue was the best... it better be at that asking price. It's around $4000 for the 8 channel D/A ?

Sounds good, the terabyte
smily_headphones1.gif

If somebody could just find a place to try out different DACs... the RMA ADI-2 is unavailable in denmark, so can't do that shoot-out
frown.gif

but why would you need 8 channels for a headphone setup? the 2 channel one is around $1400

Feb 10, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 22
i received my adi-2 and all i can say right now is that it's far and above better than the bel canto dac 1 i was using earlier. it retains the dynamics and impact of my previous favorite, the lowly echo indigo, but tightens up the bass (maybe too tight with the k1000s, i'm still deciding) and of course adds plenty of detail, along with much better treble.

using the er-4s out of the headphone jack was a very pleasant experience as well. in fact, the etys almost had as much impact as i've ever heard from them and still retained the extreme treble extension and hyper-detail i've grown use to. i don't have any other phones to try, but in my opinion, the internal amp (which i believe is actually a misnomer, the headphone out comes directly off the regular outputs through a pot, and to the jack). i was at about 1/3rd volume with the etys, so it should have enough power to run some of the less sensitive phones.

perhaps this weekend or next i'll open it up and take pictures along with write an actual review (will be posted in the dedicated source section).

edit: let me just add that listening to santana's supernatural through the etys running off the built-in headphone out, i'm stunned. this is great.

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #22 of 22
Did anyone try the new ADI-2 with the upgraded DAC and remote?

Yes, there is a big RME thread. Conclusion seems to be no audible difference and the remote is available separately if you have a rev. 1 DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back