RME ADI-2 Pro - DAC, Headamp, an a lot of more stunning features
Feb 11, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #571 of 594
Hеllo,
I have several questions regarding RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE:
1) Can you tell me, please, what is the amperage (how many amperes) of the RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE for Pentaconn 4.4 mm output? Unfortunately, I can't find this information in the manual.
2) Did I understand correctly that the RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE has 2.1 Watts @ 32 Ohm using Pentaconn 4.4 mm output.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2023 at 6:19 AM Post #572 of 594
Hеllo,
I have several questions regarding RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE:
1) Can you tell me, please, what is the amperage (how many amperes) of the RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE for Pentaconn 4.4 mm output? Unfortunately, I can't find this information in the manual.
2) Did I understand correctly that the RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE has 2.1 Watts @ 32 Ohm using Pentaconn 4.4 mm output.
Thank you!
I'll give the answers, that were kindly provided by RME support.

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE has:

1) max. 370 mA || on @32 Ohm 330 mA.
1676633310630.png

2) up to 2,1W @32 Ohm.
1676633342602.png

Мaybe it will help you tu.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #573 of 594
I've got a decision to make.

ADI-2 DAC with Burson Soloist 3XP Amp
or
ADI PRO 2/4 on its own?

The cost looks about the same either way. Anyone have experience with these?

I am currently have the Burson 3XP but am still in the return window. Im considering getting the ADI-2 to go with it. I love the sound in poweramp mode and prefer using the balanced XLR and 4.4 out for my headphones. Huge soundstage and smooth but articulate. However, preamp mode out on the Burson to my main speakers is not an option when in poweramp mode so I am running my SMSL D300 DAC into my power amp. Also, the Burson does not allow me to listen to vinyl on headphones as it does not do a good job with RCA-in from my turntable (yes, I am using a proper preamp phono stage).

The new ADI Pro 2/4 has balanced 4.4 unlike the ADI-2. Would it sound as good as the ADI-2 and Burson pairing? The ADI Pro 2/4 also appears to also have an analog input for a turntable. Since I already have an RIAA phono stage preamp, I dont think I would need this feature but maybe it will allow me to listen to vinyl on headphones better than the Burson. However, the Pro 2/4 doesn't appear to have RCA inputs for a turntable. Looks like XLR or 1/4' only when looking at photos.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For the record the dual out balanced using the front TRS connections works the same as previous models. The penttconn connection sets balanced automatically but if your using a dual TRS - XLR adapter like this one it’s output and sound is the same but you have to set dual balanced out in the menu.

Attachments

• 0523C228-4267-45DB-97B0-146BA95FC36D.jpeg
    0523C228-4267-45DB-97B0-146BA95FC36D.jpeg
    946.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1B252D08-ED7F-455B-AA6F-0082C26ED5E2.jpeg
    1B252D08-ED7F-455B-AA6F-0082C26ED5E2.jpeg
    946.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 17, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #574 of 594
For the record the dual out balanced using the front TRS connections works the same as previous models. The penttconn connection sets balanced automatically but if your using a dual TRS - XLR adapter like this one it’s output and sound is the same but you have to set dual balanced out in the menu.
Where do you purchase those cables? I'm having a hard time finding them.

Mar 17, 2023 at 11:04 AM Post #575 of 594
Where do you purchase those cables? I'm having a hard time finding them.
Hart cables and Corpse Cables do these.

https://corpsecable.com/products/gravedigger-dual-1-4-to-4-pin-xlr-adapter-for-rme-audio-adi-2-pro

Question for everyone..... Have you tested the ADI-2 Pro (all versions, there's lots of them) against the Antelope Audio Amari and the Lynx Hilo? I'm looking at coming back to pro gear. I had the OG ADI-2 Pro and really liked it. Changed because it was a little to clean for me, LOL. I like dirty music. Anyway, after looking at the competition there are a lot of features these offer the the ADI-2 Pro doesn't, namely control software that you install on your PC. The little screen is a pain to work with on the ADI-2.

Apr 22, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #576 of 594
Had many amps and dacs in the past, for far from higher prices, but what is offered here for around 2500 euros is simply incredible ... actually too cheap when
i look at the competition
The RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE gets my full recommendation 👍👍

05EDD585-D76B-4D6F-8E7D-4A8CFEAA3F08.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 4:05 AM Post #577 of 594
Had many amps and dacs in the past, for far from higher prices, but what is offered here for around 2500 euros is simply incredible ... actually too cheap when
i look at the competition
The RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE gets my full recommendation 👍👍

NOMAX

PS.lol
Very nice Nomax, I was tempted by it a few months ago. But I don't think it's worth the 1k step-up in money compared to the ADI-2 Pro FS R I have now; I'll have to wait for the ADI-2 Pro 2 or whatever they are gonna call it lol. Unless I see a great deal on a Pro 2/4, then I might get an itchy trigger finger. :p

BTW a new firmware got released a few weeks back with a bunch of features and bug fixes for both the ADI-2 Pro and ADI-2/4:

The latest firmware update for 2/4 and 2 Pro addresses several reported issues.

ADI-2/4 Pro and ADI-2 Pro series

- Plugging TRS 1/2 with Dual Phones Off prevented lower priority messages to show up (like EQ On/Off).

- ‘Load B/T with Preset - On’ made sticky. This option is no longer set to Off during sample rate changes and other actions. We hope the new way is more what the user expects.

ADI-2/4 Pro only

- Crossfeed was inactive on Line Out 1/2

- In the VOL page a press on Encoder 2 did not center Balance for Phones Out 1/2 and Phones Out 3/4

ADI-2 Pro only

- Units with AKM DAC: if Direct DSD is on and DSD playback is ongoing, turning the VOLUME encoder changed PCM volume in the background.

The firmware update tools:

Win: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_win.zip

Mac: https://www.rme-audio.de/downloads/fut_madiface_mac.zip

No changes in the manuals this time.

Some comments

- The improved Dual Volume scheme of the ADI-2/4 Pro (DSP 30) will be transferred to the ADI-2 Pro in the next firmware version

- Adding the RIAA gain stages of the ADI-2/4 Pro to the remote commands requires extensive memory optimization. We therefore had to postpone this addition, hopefully possible and added to the next 2/4 firmware.

- There is a funny ‘volume can be turned up to 11’ bug (so the display claims) in a specific setup with the ADI-2 Pro, that will be fixed in the next firmware.

Apr 22, 2023 at 4:55 AM Post #578 of 594
For me, the deciding factor for the purchase was Pentacon connection as well as the much more power that the 2/4 Pro Se one offers 😉
As well as, of course, the non-color tonal performance 👍

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #579 of 594
For me, the deciding factor for the purchase was Pentacon connection as well as the much more power that the 2/4 Pro Se one offers 😉
Good afternoon,
can you tell me please whether the RME ADI 2/4 Pro SE amplification is enough for the normal operation of your DCA STEALTH?
What are the level of amplification you using?
Thanks for the answer!

Apr 22, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #580 of 594
I am in balanced mode with the 4.4 mm Pentaconn at -20 to -18......the volume control goes up to +6 🙈
And that I do not count to the quiet listeners is known to everyone 😉

NOMAX

PS.so its enough Headroom and Power to drive the Stealth easily with the RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE 👍

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #581 of 594
The automatic gain adjustment is awesome...so I don't have to adjust it now...The amplification,the gain also increases or reduces automatically ...or if for example a track is very bass-heavy or when you turn on the bass adjustment .....Whether with my favorite the Nutopia or Stealth...I need no longer to adjust anything
Was really surprised that something like this is possible 👍👍👍
(Of course you can manually adjust the gain if you want to,but why do it when you can do it automatically😉)

NOMAX

Ps.lol

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #582 of 594
Anyone knows why the RME ADI 2/4 Pro Se sometimes does not recognise spdif connection to a Windows 11 PC? Sometimes Auto mode works properly (no other sources connected atm, just the spdif), sometimes I need to do some fiddling with AD/DA mode and spdif input manually. I can't seem to pinpoint the issue here as the final settings seem to change every now and then. USB mode in itself also sometimes works as is and sometimes there is no sound.

Apr 23, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #583 of 594
Anyone knows why the RME ADI 2/4 Pro Se sometimes does not recognise spdif connection to a Windows 11 PC? Sometimes Auto mode works properly (no other sources connected atm, just the spdif), sometimes I need to do some fiddling with AD/DA mode and spdif input manually. I can't seem to pinpoint the issue here as the final settings seem to change every now and then. USB mode in itself also sometimes works as is and sometimes there is no sound.
Auto mode is a bit finnicky for me as well, I usually just change to DAC mode instead of Auto so I can select the source manually. That way the audio always works, I'm not quite sure how the ADI processes signals from different sources and what receives input priority or not. Might be worth raising a question at the RME forum to see if they didn't accidentally sneak in a bug.

Sep 23, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #584 of 594
I'll give the answers, that were kindly provided by RME support.

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE has:

1) max. 370 mA || on @32 Ohm 330 mA.
1676633310630.png

2) up to 2,1W @32 Ohm.
1676633342602.png

Мaybe it will help you tu.

• Max power @ 0.001% THD: 4 W per channel  Channel separation: > 130 dB @ 1 kHz
So they mean 4W/16Ohm on the specsheet?

Sep 23, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #585 of 594
The load impedance is not specified for that line on the spec sheet. Looking at the graph, the peak is at around 64ohms and 4W so the max power was most likely measured with a 64ohm load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back