RMAF: RIP :-(
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #17 of 18
I attended it in 2019. It was quite an amazing event. I'm disappointed and at the same time not surprised. They sent an email saying that masks would be optional for attendees and that exhibitors could put up signs to enact whatever health policy they wanted in their space. I would wager that this caused a lot of feathers to be ruffled and for many exhibitors to take a stand for their personal dogma regarding the issue. With no one in agreement I can imagine the chaos. RMAF put themselves between a rock and a hard place. I wish them well and I hope that they are able to come back in some form. The people at the event in 2019 were so friendly. I didn't know anyone there but I could strike up a conversation with anyone anywhere and immediately have a positive connection. It was like everyone there was a good friend that you just hadn't met yet. I went to rooms that had systems far beyond my current financial means and the people running them knew I would not be buying their product. Their attitude was like "hey, you're here to get a chance to sample the ambrosia; so let us share it with you and give you the full experience". At the McIntosh room I spoke with the reps about my godfathers McIntosh 240. I conveyed how sentimental the sound of that amp was to me because he gave me the audiophile bug when I was young. They reserved a seat for me in "the sweet spot" for a demo that afternoon and let me pick a track. I will dearly miss the RMAF experience.

Attachments

• mcintosh 2.jpg
    mcintosh 2.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 0
  • mcintosh 3.jpg
    mcintosh 3.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 0
  • mcintosh1.jpg
    mcintosh1.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.