Riviera AIC-10 headphones & speakers amplifier
Dec 29, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #1,216 of 2,051
I did few weeks ago at Stefan’s store in Amsterdam. I tried both Raal headphone’s sr1a and the new close back. I preffered the closed back but still found both inferior to 1266, susvara or valkyria.

The box is kind of cool but what sucks is that to increase the base you have to put xlr filters on the xlr inputs which essentially boost the base somehow, this just seemed clunky.

If you are ever near amsterdam try it for yourself! I found SR1A deeply disapointing in general and I own K1000. But audio is like that, everyone has a different take.
I was supposed to go in March'20 when I was working in North Germany....you may guess what happened then....
I had the chance then to try the Raal in a similar, place, even if on a smaller scale, here in Milan. I liked it, even if I was expecting more (esp. regarding soundstage).
Selling point for me was anyway not having my hears over-heating even after relatively short listening session.....as happen today with my Susvara.

Anyway, Riviera bought togheter with a Grandinote DAC...let's wait for the shipment and see!
I'll report back here for sure my impressions.

Dec 29, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #1,217 of 2,051
the raal sr1a and the CA version are revelations...

Dec 30, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #1,219 of 2,051
What's better than a new CD? Two new CDs that flew to me from the other side of the planet and arrived exactly on the last working day of this year.

photo_2022-12-30 14.37.49.jpeg

@simorag thank you for your recommendations, these albums are amazing 👍

Dec 30, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #1,220 of 2,051
Dec 30, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #1,225 of 2,051
@Ragnar-BY and @alxw0w may I ask you Gents where have place your orders for those magnificent CDs please?
discogs.com, seller: KUPIKU-COM
Can you post name and CD Titles.

Here you have it:
https://www.discogs.com/release/14611062-Masaru-Imada-Trio-2-Green-Caterpillar
https://www.discogs.com/release/14611139-Yoshio-Otomo-Quartet-With-Tsuyoshi-Yamamoto-Moon-Ray

ps. actually that was my first buy through discogs, but I've already had many cd added to the basket for quite some time and just waited to enter the world of collecting CDs :wink: Can't wait.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #1,228 of 2,051
What CD player or transport do you use?

Thankyou
Rockna Wavedream NET -> i2s -> Holo May KTE

Rockna's NET is an excellent digital source. Both as CD and as network transport. I spoke with Nicolae Jitariu founder of Rockna Audio when I ordered my unit. He also listen to CDs and NET was initially designed not as "server with CD-drive", but as a "high-end CD transport + server for practical purposes".

Dec 30, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #1,230 of 2,051
I actually found out about it by accident. I was curious about some of the characteristics of their server, there were no details on the Internet, so I called Rockna HQ in Romania. The guy who picked up the phone quickly gave up and said "wait, I'll call someone who knows how this works." It was Nikolae. A very enthusiastic person, we talked for two hours, probably. I ended up buying Wavedream NET and never regret about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back