Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition (For the fans of Porcupine Tree, Rush and Dream Theater)
Sep 8, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Completely disappointing but still you rate it 3/5 which means "good".
smily_headphones1.gif

4/5 would be "good". 3/5 would be "decent" or "mediocre", depending on your standards. There's just too much good music out there for 3/5 to be considered good.

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #17 of 20
Well I mean yeah, SLS makes them into one of my top 25/50 favourite bands and hey, it's still a technically competant album, not entirely boring with some admittedly nice sections, but relatively it's a huge dissapointment
frown.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #18 of 20
yep, this album sucks... I wasn't a huge fan of Rapid Eye Movement either, aside from a couple of songs. the last two albums have been bland and uninspired, and rehashed. FWIW, I think Second Life Syndrome is one of the few masterpieces of this decade of progressive rock, and Out of Myself isn't far behind. they've gone rapidly downhill since. 1.5/5 for me.. still has some merits for diehard fans, but mostly suckage.

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4/5 would be "good". 3/5 would be "decent" or "mediocre", depending on your standards. There's just too much good music out there for 3/5 to be considered good.

It's more because I'm biased I guess, album probably deserves less.

Anyway, the way I've always seen it is:

5/5 - Classic, endlessly listenable, unique
4/5 - Great, but either a bit repetitive, derivative or inconsistent
3/5 - All of the above.
2/5 - Couple of good songs at best, appreciably good in some way but not to my tastes
1/5 - Soulja Boy

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Most of the rankings I've seen usually list 3/5 as "good" or "ok". 4/5 is usually "very good" and 5/5 "excellent" or "masterpiece" etc.

Of course this varies a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back