Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition (For the fans of Porcupine Tree, Rush and Dream Theater)
Jul 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

YtseJamer

Headphoneus Supremus
adhdcover.jpg

It's my top album so far this year.

Highly recommended if you like Rush, Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree.

Riverside on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Anno Domini High Definition by Riverside

Riverside - Strona Oficjalna - Official Website

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #3 of 20
This may be Riverside's best CD. I'll need to listen to it over the next few weeks to see if it has "legs" but after the 2nd time through, this CD rocks harder than their previous music and is fantastic.

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 20
I have not given this album its due, but when I look at the lyrics of this album and compare them to Out of Myself, I am at a loss. What happened?

I will post more informed thoughts as soon as I can.

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a huge disappointment, recording is almost as badly brickwalled as Death Magnetic. Unexpected when their last few albums have all been demo CD quality.

I don't like this new album at all. It just doesn't appeal to my tastes.

But the recording quality of their older albums was not poor. They sound just fine on my system.

Jul 31, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the recording quality of their older albums was not poor. They sound just fine on my system.

To be more clear, demo CD as in "CDs to demo your headphone setup with", not the non-professional recorded demo CD
happy_face1.gif
. But anyway, with ADHD Riverside is certainly moving away from the Porcupine Tree-like sound to a more Tool-like sound, which some people love and some people hate (I hate). But that doesn't give them an excuse to compress their music to stupid levels.

Jul 31, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #8 of 20
It's an ok album but definitely not their best effort.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #10 of 20
I'm loving it. I don't know what's wrong with you people.

Aug 4, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm loving it. I don't know what's wrong with you people.

What are we missing? Now granted, I have not had a lot of time to concentrate on this album, but so far, I am not as impressed as their debut (or the others). My thoughts could change as I get more time to hear it, but I am curious to see how you think this album compares with their best, Out of Myself.

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #12 of 20
I have given this album a good few listens. It is good overall and outstanding in some parts. I am more fond of the sound of the previous trilogy, but I could listen to Egoist Hedonist for a long time. It is very catchy and fun as hell to listen to. In addition, I love the recurring synth sound on Hybrid Times that becomes the ending of the album.

For those interested, I have posted an appreciation thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/riv...thread-443945/

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #13 of 20
I had ordered this album some days ago, i should be getting it shortly, and it seems it's another terrible recording like 90% of new productions...quite sad indeed.

EDIT : it has just arrived...sound quality isn't stellar but i've seen worse clipping, my version also included a DVD with a live show which is of quite good audio and video quality...very good actually, audio stream is 16/48 uncompressed LPCM.

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #14 of 20
None of the moody atmosphere of their last albums, plus somehow they also managed to mangle both the lyrics and the English language at the same time. Completely disappointing 3/5 for me.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedSky0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None of the moody atmosphere of their last albums, plus somehow they also managed to mangle both the lyrics and the English language at the same time. Completely disappointing 3/5 for me.

Completely disappointing but still you rate it 3/5 which means "good".
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back