RIP Mark Linkous
Mar 7, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 11
RIP.

I have a couple of Sparklehorse albums. It's been a while since I listened to it, but I remember liking it. So sad.

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 11
I'm have been a major Sparklehorse fan ever since Davey recommended Mark Linkous' music to me maybe three years ago. I believe that I have everything that he has recorded. I am so conflicted with situations like this. I get so pissed at the waste and loss of talent, that he couldn't find sufficient strength and comfort in his talent, and that nobody could intervene and successfully help him. On the other hand, I feel sympathy for the pain he must have been in for a long time, and for those around him that undoubtedly tried to help him. Rest-in-peace Mark, I'll be listening to your music for, hopefully, a long time to come...

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #9 of 11
This news was terribly sad. I simply love his work.
Including Dark Night of the Soul, and the record he produced for Nina Persson (A Camp).
He had (gosh, it sucks to say "had") such a keen ear for texture and atmosphere.

Sad news. But I can't say I was surprised when I clicked on Pitchfork this morning and saw the news - having already read in the past about his alcoholism, a drug overdose, and struggles with depression.

RIP Mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back