RIP: David Hafler
Jun 3, 2003 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 7
I built a Hafler amp before many of the younger Head-Fi'er's today were even born (1982 or so). One of my earliest attempts with a soldering iron. I gave the amp to my sister some time ago. It's still working today... and still sounds great.

Hafler was one of the audio greats. He will be missed.

Jun 3, 2003 at 8:43 PM Post #3 of 7
Not to long ago a friend gave me an old David Hafler amp. It was realy beat on and was being used for a PA system before he got it. I put it into my system and for being an old beat on thing it was far more musical than the Tubed Counterpoint I was useing. and the sound stage was way improved also. It replaced the counterpoint until it gave up the ghost.
Sad to hear of his passing!

Jun 3, 2003 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
I built a Hafler amp before many of the younger Head-Fi'er's today were even born (1982 or so). One of my earliest attempts with a soldering iron. I gave the amp to my sister some time ago. It's still working today... and still sounds great.

Hafler was one of the audio greats. He will be missed.

That was my first real hi end gear. I built a DH110 preamp and a DH 220 amp. This was about 1982. Man his stuff was pretty good, especially at its price point.

His stuff from Dynaco was incredible as well. I have a Dynaco FM-3 tuner, and it still plays well.

Jun 3, 2003 at 10:36 PM Post #6 of 7
My entry into audio was with Dynaco and David Hafler Co. It was affordable could be tweaked and it sound good. Thanks for the start D.H.

Jun 4, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #7 of 7
the very first amp kit ever produced by dynaco was the Dynakit MK ll and I just happen to have one
biggrin.gif

plus a PAS2,ST-70,ST-120,Dynaquad
biggrin.gif

coool gear , not sota but cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back