RIP, Chris Penn
Jan 25, 2006 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
I heard about this sad news just minutes ago, and am still trying to verify it- if it is true then it certainly is a loss for his fans. Quoted from Yahoo News:

Quote:

Actor Chris Penn dead, no sign of foul play:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor
Chris Penn has died in a Santa Monica residence, with no signs of foul play, a local ABC television affiliate reported on Tuesday.

Penn, 43, was the brother of actor
Sean Penn and starred in dozens of films.

He played baby-faced criminal Nice Guy Eddie Cabot in director
Quentin Tarantino's "Reservoir Dogs" and starred along with his brother in the 1986 film "At Close Range." He also played Willard Hewitt in "Footloose" in 1984.

Recently, Penn voiced Officer Eddie Pulaski in the video game "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."

Santa Monica police and the Los Angeles County Coroner were not immediately available for comment.

source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060125/people_nm/penn_dc

Any thoughts on this? I personally was a fan of the works I got to see him in, both in Resevoir Dogs and GTA: San Andreas.

Late,
Abe

Jan 25, 2006 at 9:33 AM Post #3 of 14
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060125/...RrBHNlYwM3NjI-

That's another link to part of the story- apparently one of the listed ages is off, one says 43, the other says 40. I haven't seen any news on TV about him yet.

580smile.gif
Abe

Jan 25, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #4 of 14
That's really weird. I haven't heard anything about this--and that picture on Yahoo! is freakish. He looks inflated like a balloon. I liked his stuff. Too bad.

Jan 25, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 14
R.I.P. Nice guy Eddie.

Jan 25, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #7 of 14
Rest in Peace Chris - you'll always be the Best of the Best to me!
1078239923Karate.jpg

Jan 26, 2006 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 14
What a shame...reminds me of that time when Payne Stewart died in that freak plane crash. Has anyone worn knickerbockers in professional golf ever since? But Penn played a very good role in Robert Altman's "Short Cuts." Not the most gifted actor, but can carry a small role as if they were big ones.

Jan 26, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Wasn't he just in season 2 of Entourage beating the snot out of Drama? Very sad...
frown.gif

Yup. Season 2, Episode 4.

"By the way, I'm gonna lose this weight, but you're never gonna get smart."

-Ed

Jan 26, 2006 at 1:21 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
If I remember correctly, he had a serious cocaine/crack problem. That probanly was the cause of death.

I wouldn't personally be sure until details of his unfortunate death are made public. But yeah, he did have a history with drugs, it is a possibility. It's a shame nonetheless, IMO.

Late,
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back