Rio Carbon or Zen Micro, which to get?
Feb 24, 2005 at 4:01 AM Post #16 of 26
Do it the Head-Fi way....buy 'em both!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 1:15 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellophane
hey guys,
currently up in the air over a carbon, micro, or now that the mini has an 18 hr battery, that. I love the carbon's small size, but the mini and the micro display Chinese characters. This is a major plus for me. The only reason I would get the micro over the mini (since the mini now has superior battery life) is the FM tuner. I know with some mp3 players you can set the tuner to play US, european, or asian stations . . . if the Micro could play stations from Japan or HK, please let me know!

what makes you think the micro doesn't display chinese characters? I remember reading a review that compared the mini and micro, and the micro displayed the characters much better due to its higher resolution screen. if i get a chance i'll find it later.

Feb 24, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmmmmm
what makes you think the micro doesn't display chinese characters? I remember reading a review that compared the mini and micro, and the micro displayed the characters much better due to its higher resolution screen. if i get a chance i'll find it later.

Read cellophane's post carefully. He/she is saying that the Mico and Mini DO DISPLAY CHINESE CHARACTERS.

cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellophane
I love the carbon's small size, but the mini and the micro display Chinese characters. This is a major plus for me.

Feb 24, 2005 at 6:09 PM Post #19 of 26
I've owned the Zen Micro for a couple weeks now and I just CANNOT get used to the touch pad. It drives me crazy at times. I know some others have gotten quite comfortable with it. It's too bad because otherwise it's a pretty nifty little player.

I would buy the Carbon if it had:
1) Karma GUI - if iPod and Mini can share the same GUI, I don't see why Rio can't figure out a way to put the Karma GUI into the Carbon. If it means putting a better processor in the Carbon at the expense of a few hours of battery life, then so be it. I realize the differences between the Karma and Carbon GUI's are subtle, but important to me.
2) Physical hold switch

Feb 24, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #20 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSTom1
Read cellophane's post carefully. He/she is saying that the Mico and Mini DO DISPLAY CHINESE CHARACTERS.

cool.gif

ah, sorry bout that. that's what happens when you read posts half asleep at 8am.

And i would buy anything from a company named 'crapple' haha

Feb 25, 2005 at 12:08 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveablePuppy
new ipod mini? i need to get with the program.

does it have fm tuner, replaceable battery, voice record?

no, no, and....no. but it does have an 18hr battery life and 6gb.

Feb 25, 2005 at 9:41 AM Post #24 of 26
i just placed an order for a a micro. it was a tough, very hard decision to make. the carbon seemed like a good choice, since you can operate the buttons and adjust the volume inside the pant's pocket.

but i'm happy. once i get the job that pays good money, i can always save up to get a a potentially bettery DAP.

Feb 25, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveablePuppy
i just placed an order for a a micro. it was a tough, very hard decision to make. the carbon seemed like a good choice, since you can operate the buttons and adjust the volume inside the pant's pocket.

but i'm happy. once i get the job that pays good money, i can always save up to get a a potentially bettery DAP.

you can always get a remote for $20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back