right margin to left!!
Mar 19, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #61 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Free Spirit Tyll.

Mitch

Yeah, very free. Way too free.

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #63 of 144
its sooo annoying having to scroll the page every single time, and it is wierd how it does actually make you feel dizzy,

Its a nightmare on the iPhone!

Wont be clicking on any of those sponsors now!

Is there any way to make firefox automatically shift it sideways?

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #65 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still miss the old layout anyway... without the sidebar at all.

me too, the new layout is lousy..this is all I can say

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #66 of 144
If advertising is done on one side, I would think where the eye comes to rest would be the more appealing side. I do agree if it were on both sides or entire page was advertising top left is always preferred.

I can tell you my eye treat the left column now like it isn't there, where before I always saw the right side. If increase in advertising revenue is the aim, I think this may not be the solution.

I did layout advertising for a firm for about 10 years.

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #72 of 144
Bad Stuff!
frown.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #73 of 144
I been trying to get used to it, but I just cant! It so annoying.

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #74 of 144
Hi all. I'm on my BlackBerry, so please pardon the brevity of this message. My first priority, as Can Jam '08 rapidly approaches, is to promote Can Jam '08 ahead of all other types of ads here (including the Sponsor spots, as many of then will be there, or at least represented there).

The Florida crew--like the New York and San Jose organizing teams before them (some of whom are helping this year's team)--are putting their blood, sweat, beers and tears on the line to put this thing together, and so I'll do everything I can to make sure as many people know about it as possible.

As for the width of the column: Edwood's very cool graphic was the only one submitted that could work in a vertical column. I tried shrinking it smaller, but then the fonts within it became illegible--that was the smallest I could reasonably get it.

As for the left-side placement: It brings more eyes to it. I'm not sure that I like it yet either, but I do know more people will see it this way. Is it permanent? I don't know. But it'll likely remain this way at least until the big Meet is over.

Anyway, please be patient with the change; kindly consider promoting Can Jam '08 in your signature, even if you're not going to be able to attend; and, if you can attend, come and join us all and the many exhibitors and Sponsors in Ft. Lauderdale for the Jam.

(Dear organizers, please reserve a dinner/concert ticket for me, by the way!)

Okay, my thumbs are sore--this is about the longest single thing I've typed on my BlackBerry at one time, and so it ended up not being quite as brief as I thought it'd be. Browsing the site on my BlackBerry motivates me to come up with a WAP version of Head-Fi.org....hmmmm....

Best Regards,
Jude

Mar 19, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #75 of 144
A WAP version of head-fi would be oh so beautiful!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all. I'm on my BlackBerry, so please pardon the brevity of this message. My first priority, as Can Jam '08 rapidly approaches, is to promote Can Jam '08 ahead of all other types of ads here (including the Sponsor spots, as many of then will be there, or at least represented there).

The Florida crew--like the New York and San Jose organizing teams before them (some of whom are helping this year's team)--are putting their blood, sweat, beers and tears on the line to put this thing together, and so I'll do everything I can to make sure as many people know about it as possible.

As for the width of the column: Edwood's very cool graphic was the only one submitted that could work in a vertical column. I tried shrinking it smaller, but then the fonts within it became illegible--that was the smallest I could reasonably get it.

As for the left-side placement: It brings more eyes to it. I'm not sure that I like it yet either, but I do know more people will see it this way. Is it permanent? I don't know. But it'll likely remain this way at least until the big Meet is over.

Anyway, please be patient with the change; kindly consider promoting Can Jam '08 in your signature, even if you're not going to be able to attend; and, if you can attend, come and join us all and the many exhibitors and Sponsors in Ft. Lauderdale for the Jam.

(Dear organizers, please reserve a dinner/concert ticket for me, by the way!)

Okay, my thumbs are sore--this is about the longest single thing I've typed on my BlackBerry at one time, and so it ended up not being quite as brief as I thought it'd be. Browsing the site on my BlackBerry motivates me to come up with a WAP version of Head-Fi.org....hmmmm....

Best Regards,
Jude

Users who are viewing this thread

Back