Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes it harms the song
frown.gif

figured as much...learn something new everyday
beerchug.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #47 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out in public, it's pretty hard to appreciate sound qualities due to all the public noises. It's like having high end stereo speakers in your car when you know it's almost impossible to keep the outside noise down. There are ways to minimize that but most of the time it's not worth the time and money. So I never carry my portable rigs out onto public spaces, and instead it's just my ipod and my earphones.

Same here. If I'm listening to music outside, it's to pass the time. With all the outside noise/distractions, I don't expect it to sound great even with all my equipment. There's no point in carrying all that stuff when I will get better SQ at home anyways. Plus its weird pulling out a giant pack of electronics rubberbanded together out of your pocket.

Jan 12, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #49 of 80
Usually done by pushing the outside of my pants/jeans pocket - too lazy to take it out, especially if I'm walking (which is usually the case).
If I have to find a specific song I'll take it out... after skipping tracks 20 times in an effort to find the song
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #50 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by tseryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here. If I'm listening to music outside, it's to pass the time. With all the outside noise/distractions, I don't expect it to sound great even with all my equipment. There's no point in carrying all that stuff when I will get better SQ at home anyways. Plus its weird pulling out a giant pack of electronics rubberbanded together out of your pocket.

Depends. Say with the Ety default tri-flange tips, the isolation's great and when I stop the player, I can barely hear the bus engine..it's only a slight hum therefore I can easily fully enjoy my music. Tips make a big difference.

Jan 12, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #52 of 80
Anyway, I'm in the middle of finding the best-bang-for-buck portable setup as I would rather spend $$$ on a home rig.
Got a Sansa Fuze on the way and my Nuforce NE-7M's arrived today
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, there are just too many points made out by Luminette's rant that I agree with that I decided to spend more cash into a home rig. Far better value for $$$.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/l...-silly-374155/

Jan 12, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #54 of 80
i think i like it when people look at my rig..they are learning something when they see something unusual and they dont know what it is.

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #55 of 80
I pull it out to change song or adjust volume.
No discretion, but certainly no flashing around either.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #56 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I pull it out to change song or adjust volume.
No discretion, but certainly no flashing around either.

When u got it..u flaunt it

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #57 of 80
I kinda like to show it off (when I get my LOD), but not to be an arse or anything.

I will only do it when I need to but I take great pride in what I spend great amounts of money on, it makes enjoying it that much better.

After reading that, I felt like one of those people that flash the iPhone everywhere but I didn't mean it like that... just I like the thing and want other people to see it; might inquire them to ask and when that happens, I'll bring them here ^_^

Jan 13, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #58 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When u got it..u flaunt it

No flaunt...

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #59 of 80
Well going out means either on the bus or in the car, so I stick to my ER6i's, and the isolation is excellent. People don't notice/say too much. Then again in school, anything other than white cables on headphones may look strange...damn iTools.

Jan 13, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #60 of 80
Don't know what to choose.
I often have to take out some parts of my rig, to change songs or volume or whatever, and unfortunately it's a cable-mess (DAP in pants > cable > AMP in coat > PTH on coat > UE-11 in ears). But I neither am proud about it, nor reluctant, I just don't give a damn. And interestingly no one else did, yet.
I still wonder if someone will ever ask me if I wear a hearing aid
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back