Ridiculously awesomely mastered albums?
Feb 8, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #106 of 132

Quote:
You need to listen to some the Music Matters LP's.

I'd love to hear them, but I doubt I'll be shelling out $50 for yet another remaster of the stuff they put out. I have original vinyl pressings of a handful of the titles they've done, and everything else they have done that I am interested in I have on CD (most are the RVG editions).

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #109 of 132
Thank you for the Gaucho suggestion. Great album! /sub
smile_phones.gif

Feb 15, 2011 at 10:07 PM Post #111 of 132
stone temple pilots purple and tiny music...songs from the vatican gift shop, badass.

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #112 of 132
Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Earth Wind and Fire - All N All
Earth Wind and Fire - That's the Way of the World
Steely Dan - Gaucho

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM Post #114 of 132
I'm really enjoying I Am the Man by Simone White. Closely miked singer-songwriter with nice acoustics and simple presentation.

Feb 27, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #118 of 132
Yes, yes they have. Just thinking how I was satisfied with my setup then. I had a uDac and HD580 with HD650 drivers then. Now I have uDac, Asgard, SM3, Marantz 2220B, Akai AP-D2, with an AT95e, Fostex FE126e, and Stax SR-404 system to arrive in the next two weeks. 
While I understand this is nothing to brag about around these forums, not bad for bring less than three months. I am selling the Asgard in case anyone is interested...

There are also many things that are better mastered. My favorite being Nirvana Unplugged. Wow. 

Feb 27, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #119 of 132
Nice to see your gradual progression... err, your 3 month progression lmao. Love this thread! As it has shown me how a properly mastered album can make the presentation sound so much better.

Mar 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #120 of 132
Dave Matthews - Some Devil.  Hands down one of the best CD's I've ever heard.  I remember bringing this disc to the Stereophile show several years back.  I asked one of the reps to pop it in and he was stunned by what he heard.  His reaction was classic.  Kinda like, "WOW!  I hear depth, soundstage and height!"  He immediately copied down the artist and album title to pick up a copy. 

Yes, it seriously does sound that good. 

David Bowie - Let's Dance is another great sound record.  Just punchy, dynamic and lots of fun to listen to.

Metallica -Black album.  What can I say?  Not a personal favorite music-wise.  However, it sounds brilliant.  Lots of dynamics going on in here.  Very clean and well-mastered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back