Ridiculously awesomely mastered albums?
Dec 13, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #32 of 132
Dec 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #33 of 132
For me the most well mastered contemporary artist is Sufjan Stevens.  Try listening to the CD version of Illinoise or even Michigan and you'll see what I'm talking about.  I also have the vinyl, but the CD isn't too far off.

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #34 of 132
Is Beck's 'Sea Change' considered well-mastered? I had it on DVD-Audio (before my player was smashed) and it was awesome in surround.

Dec 13, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #35 of 132
Accidental double post.

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #37 of 132

What are some well mastered classical albums?  I've been yearning for some.  Shane pointed me to some English music for Viols thats sounds great.

What composers are you looking for? The music comes first.

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #38 of 132

The end goal is the music, not the performance.

I have no idea what that means, but I think I've heard songs on the radio that should have been executed instead of performed.

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #40 of 132
Aimee Mann has some great sounding albums
Sparklehorse (RIP) has some great sounding albums too
The Mofi press of Beck's Sea Change is totally gorgeous too...best sounding vinyl I have probably

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #41 of 132

Quote:
I meant the London Calling is a awesomely mastered album in the sense that all instruments have a perfect emphasis (i.e. the bass guitar of The Guns of Brixton and the transition in Wrong 'Em Boyo) that makes my jaw drop. 
The only Clash album I've listened to is London Calling, what is another good one?

blink.gif

London Calling might be one of your favorite albums period, and yet it is the only Clash album you've heard?  That's absolutly bizzare.
They're all very good, except for maybe the last one.  The next one to get though is Sandanista.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #42 of 132

Quote:
Quote:
Tool - 10,000 Days

Great recording and mastering.

god i hope you're kidding, go listen to lateralus and Aenima and tell me 10,000 days isnt absolute trash. dont get me wrong, its good music, but i can only listen to it in the car

Lateralus and Ænima are great albums, and yes, perhaps better than 10,000 Days.
But I would say the SQ on 10,000 Days is better.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #43 of 132

Quote:
What composers are you looking for? The music comes first.

Chopin, Vivaldi, Handel, Wagner, Strauss, Tchaikovsky (particularly Swan Lake and Nutcracker suite).  Thanks in advance.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #44 of 132

Quote:
Quote:
I meant the London Calling is a awesomely mastered album in the sense that all instruments have a perfect emphasis (i.e. the bass guitar of The Guns of Brixton and the transition in Wrong 'Em Boyo) that makes my jaw drop. 
The only Clash album I've listened to is London Calling, what is another good one?

blink.gif

London Calling might be one of your favorite albums period, and yet it is the only Clash album you've heard?  That's absolutly bizzare.
They're all very good, except for maybe the last one.  The next one to get though is Sandanista.

Cut the Crap was a horrendous album.

Dec 14, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #45 of 132

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Tool - 10,000 Days

Great recording and mastering.

god i hope you're kidding, go listen to lateralus and Aenima and tell me 10,000 days isnt absolute trash. dont get me wrong, its good music, but i can only listen to it in the car

Lateralus and Ænima are great albums, and yes, perhaps better than 10,000 Days.
But I would say the SQ on 10,000 Days is better.

no offense dude, but you're delusional, aenima and lateralus are two of the best sounding metal records ive ever heard, and 10,000 days is one of the worst. i havent met a single person that would agree with you. like i said, i do like the music on 10,000 days, its actually the first tool cd i really got into, but the SQ blows, i just hope tool makes a return to form for the next cd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back