Rich people make me angry!!
Mar 22, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #46 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]EAT THE RICH![/size]

Quick wealth re-distribution method. Take what you need and leave the rest.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #47 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Life IS NOT a competition.

Sounds like something the losers would say
wink.gif

I kid.

But seriously, money may not buy happiness, but it sure as hell rents it.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #48 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like something the losers would say
wink.gif

I kid.

But seriously, money may not buy happiness, but it sure as hell rents it.

LOL...well feel free to load all your impressive stuff on your high dollar John Deere lawn mower or high zoot SUV and trailer and take a victory lap around the neighborhood. You win, I lose! LOL Love ya, mean it!!

Team chadbang!! hahhaha "crappy U2 tickets"

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #49 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...well feel free to load all your impressive stuff on your high dollar John Deere lawn mower or high zoot SUV and trailer and take a victory lap around the neighborhood. You win, I lose! LOL Love ya, mean it!!

Team chadbang!! hahhaha "crappy U2 tickets"

I'm not sure what you just said, but I was being facetious
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #51 of 90
You have a hobby, and that's worth more than your friend's ability to buy expensive headphones that he won't appreciate.

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #52 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My friend lives in a neighborhood called GlenOaks on the west side of Des Moines. In order to just enter it, you need to have the owner of the particular house you're going to give the security guard a heads up that you'll be coming, if not turn around and never look back. This place has it's country club, swimming pool, tennis court, it's basically you're own rich people neighborhood. Now, i really don't mind, but what really got to me was when we were hanging out at his place 2 weeks ago. I was just checking out Headroom when he saw what i was doing. Now i rarely ever talk about my hobby because quite frankly not a lot of people here in Iowa would spend 1000+ on headphones, let alone take it up as a hobby. Well he was interested, and i told him i was just making a list of the headphone's i want to listen to audition for CanJam, so before i could even finish telling him about CanJam. He gets up and tells me wow i never knew headphones can even get to this point.

And so what he does next just made my jaw drop. He walks into his bedroom and 10 minutes later he comes out with his laptop in hand and says hey do these look good enough... It was his checkout list which consisted of the Ultrasone Edition 8, Denon AH-D7000, Grado PS1000, Grado GS1000, Sennheiser HD800, and a few others which i can't recall. I'm just appalled and i must admit, a little envious. Hell i am fu#%&*@ ENVIOUS!!! Some people in this world just have too much damn money for their own good.
I apologize for the rant but what he just did in 15 minutes would take me 10 years.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

EDIT: At least i never told him about Dacs and Amps. Muahahaha.

If he earned his wealth legally, more power to him.. The down side is, people who are not wealthy, but save up for luxury items tend to appreciate them more.. I dated a girl who would house sit for her lawyer friend.. When you walk in you had stairs going down & stairs going up.. In house swimming pool. Her best friends father is a multi millionaire. His company insures athlete's. We had Thanksgiving over at her CPA's friend house.. Very beautiful & luxurious.. Yes, I am very jealous.. But most people have earned it.. If I wanted to be well off I should have got a degree.. Can only blame myself..

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #53 of 90
Yea... you should never be envious of others because you loose sight of what you have. Sure you might not have the equipment, but you DO have the knowledge of how to use it. I rarely EVER find myself being jealous of anything anyone has because A) I don't work for my things, honestly my parents buy them for me (cash and I get it but you get the picture) (I just turned 18)
and B) What good is it going to do? I honestly try to be friends with EVERYONE because you never know what good is going to come out of it. I'm literally on speaking terms with about... 90 percent of the people in my classes at high school and if I needed a ride home (which I often do because I don't have a car), 80 percent of the people who drive would gladly give me one if they could.

I'm not bragging because there are obviously people who are in high school who have more money, more friends, and a car (lol) but just be grateful for what you have because you never know what can happen tomorrow.

But yea... at least use the equipment haha.... and instead of being mad at him why don't you help teach him about this wonderful hobby. The way I see it, if I had a rich friend with a lot of headphone equipment I'd definitely help him with the hobby. Helping him would probably = borrowing his stuff cause he's your friend (hopefully) and most importantly helping someone discover how AMAZING this "hobby" is.

Didn't mean to sound long winded or an optimist on this one, just my 2 cents on how I feel.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #54 of 90
cry baby QQ my parents are not rich w/e dude go to school work your ass off get a better job then him buy a better car and show him it then kill your self for being so self absorbed in your own delusions of what being rich could be like okay.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #55 of 90
jeez... lots of angry jealous people around here

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #56 of 90
i FIND IF YOU START (sorry caps lock) out with lower, cheaper, crappier gear, any gear, (audio, camping, girlfriends) it teaches you to appreciate their finer (although fewer) points.

spoiler alert...

Then when you get a chance to test the good gank, it's like soooo much better! Great gear from the git go will not allow for true appreciation imho.

Mar 23, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #58 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by talleywho /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i FIND IF YOU START (sorry caps lock) out with lower, cheaper, crappier gear, any gear, (audio, camping, girlfriends) it teaches you to appreciate their finer (although fewer) points.

spoiler alert...

Then when you get a chance to test the good gank, it's like soooo much better! Great gear from the git go will not allow for true appreciation imho.

I would have to agree. Started with an iPod Touch and Sennheiser 555s (although that's not THAT bad, it's not that good either (IMO obviously).

Meh, but that generally applies to most things right? There are countless times this rich kid in our Physics class complains when things aren't handed to him (such as how to solve the problems which are somewhat challenging but nowhere near as hard as he screams they are) or other petty things.

(Not saying anything about wealthier people, just using that one guy as an example).

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #59 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by talleywho /img/forum/go_quote.gif

spoiler alert...

But you end up wasting more time and, generally speaking, spending more money. But when you are poor, what can you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back