RIAA hit report #1: SomaFM.com - DEAD
Jun 25, 2002 at 3:19 PM Post #16 of 20
let's start our own group! i think it should consist of me and you and our best friend jack daniels!

to kelly and anybody else who hates the world: join me on team pessimist!

Jun 26, 2002 at 4:45 AM Post #17 of 20
Grinch.

I guess grinch you just don't have any balls.

Signed,

-Ai0tron

PS. I've never even listened to web radio...

PRINCIPALITIES MAN.

You gotta fight the corporate monster. The REAL problems huh?? Like what?? What are REAL problems to you??? Terrorists, starving people, serial killers, rapists, murderers, crime lords, dictators?? Ok you want to organize those by importance?

You know what my real problem is right now??? You didn't SHUT THE **** UP instead you whipped open your clap trap like every other arrogant pissed off idiot indie artist who thinks that the only reason they don't make big bucks is because of the label they are signed with.

You know what I think Modest Mouse is great, I have all of their cd's. I didn't find out about them until I bought their cd on a whim at Wal Mart. Why was it at Wal Mart??? COLUMBIA RECORDS MAN, they sell cd's at wal mart. No that godforsaken indie label they were signed with did not sell cd's at Wal Mart.

Am I a tool?? 85% of my cd collection is classical music. **** 2 years ago I sold every cd I owned that wasn't classical.

I will never buy a copyprotected kacey kasems top 40 single ever again!!!! And yet, I am SERiOUSLY DISTURBED that copy protected cd's are being distrubeted to unwary customers.

WHY?? oh you KNOW why? You nutless bitch.

Jun 26, 2002 at 4:51 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
Grinch.

I guess grinch you just don't have any balls.

Signed,

-Ai0tron

PS. I've never even listened to web radio...

PRINCIPALITIES MAN.

You gotta fight the corporate monster. The REAL problems huh?? Like what?? What are REAL problems to you??? Terrorists, starving people, serial killers, rapists, murderers, crime lords, dictators?? Ok you want to organize those by importance?

You know what my real problem is right now??? You didn't SHUT THE **** UP instead you whipped open your clap trap like every other arrogant pissed off idiot indie artist who thinks that the only reason they don't make big bucks is because of the label they are signed with.

You know what I think Modest Mouse is great, I have all of their cd's. I didn't find out about them until I bought their cd on a whim at Wal Mart. Why was it at Wal Mart??? COLUMBIA RECORDS MAN, they sell cd's at wal mart. No that godforsaken indie label they were signed with did not sell cd's at Wal Mart.

Am I a tool?? 85% of my cd collection is classical music. **** 2 years ago I sold every cd I owned that wasn't classical.

I will never buy a copyprotected kacey kasems top 40 single ever again!!!! And yet, I am SERiOUSLY DISTURBED that copy protected cd's are being distrubeted to unwary customers.

WHY?? oh you KNOW why? You nutless bitch.

wow, forget to take your prozac today? i know a good way of catching up on that quick: take the rest of the bottle and chase it with a rum runner. might even improve your personality better than the avergage dose will.

love,
grinch

p.s. despite the fact that i don't recall "balls" ever having anything to do with this thread, i don't really care about your assertion of whether or not i have any.

i am not an indie artist. i listen to mostly indie music, yes. when i listen to music, i don't think about how much money the artist is making. it really doesn't matter to me either way. i listen to bands that have been dead for years and never made a cent, but i also listen to eminem. does it matter that one artist makes more money than he should while the other made none? not to me. yes, i have seen bands that should be on radio and mtv and everywhere else making millions because of their amazing music. the problem is, that doesn't really matter anymore. music isn't music. music is looking good and having good marketing. that is the way it is going to stay, as even many indie artists these days are getting more and more popular and signed to bigger labels.

i was listening to modest mouse before they were ever signed by sony. i still think their up records releases are better than the new stuff, due to production among other things. the fact that i enjoy the most is that they haven't really gotten more popular than they were before. i'm sure they don't have day jobs, but they don't have $6 million houses either. (speaking of which, do you have ugly casanova yet? i'm going to see him tonight, but i don't know if wal-mart carries subpop or not
rolleyes.gif
)

the fact that i don't care about internet radio really seems to be the core of the problem here. i don't fight the corporate world by talking about what a great idea it is on an internet forum. i don't really fight them at all. a long time ago, i made a decision about the world: deep down in my bitter little heart, i decided that the world is simply not worth it. it isn't worth fightning for. it isn't worth loving. it isn't worth trying to change. people, humans, are not worth fighting for. you can't save a person from themselves, no matter how badly you try. everything turns to **** no matter what you try to do and that's the way it will always be.

whether or not you agree with me on this point doesn't really matter to me. the idea that you call me "nutless" because i don't care about fighting the corporate world is more what bothers me. the world simply isn't worth that much effort. you can call me ball-less all you want, but i'm going to go ahead and call you brainless because of the fact that you can't realize what a **** pit this place is.

have a nice day.

Jun 26, 2002 at 11:55 PM Post #20 of 20
The apathetic are the sleeping revolutionists of tomorrow's war. There will be an awakening. The empire will fall!

or, you know, whatever, really *shrug*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back