RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology.
May 26, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #198 of 286
  I will consider it a full range single driver system. The dual coil system just helps the driver to move in more ways, from what I understand.

Yes, but I'm curious if the coils both receive the same signal and only act as a boost to the magnetic field, or if they have some phase difference/filter thing going on for them.

May 26, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #200 of 286
  Yes, but I'm curious if the coils both receive the same signal and only act as a boost to the magnetic field, or if they have some phase difference/filter thing going on for them.

From the RHA page:

Quote:
 The audio signal is separated when it reaches the driver housing, splitting it into two sets of frequencies - bass/lower midtones and upper midtones and treble frequencies. Each signal is directed to one of the voice coils, the upper half of the frequency range to the outer coil and lower half to the inner coil. The coils operate independently, each with their own electromagnetic field reacting to the magnet's static magnetic field. 

The team were pretty enthusiastic about it and it certainly looks like interesting tech. On the previous conversations regarding neutrality, these sounded *much* more neutral with the reference filters compared to the t10i (both auditioned in munich) and the SE215. Test drive track was 65daysofstatic - Unmake the Wild Light, which has a nice bass-heavy intro and then goes much more towards mid-treble heavy.
No vocals unfortunately, which should be a highlight for the t20s, but still, it sounded *really* good all around.
Personally, I would like to try them with the bass filter on before pulling the trigger, but I'd still recommend them over the t10s if i) you are not a total bass-head, ii) lack of inline controls is not an issue, iii) you are using a decent source and material.

May 29, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #201 of 286
Heya! I own the T10i's and am looking for something to complement it, especially in the mid-range (vocals part). I love my T10i's for bassy tracks (EDM, rap, modern pop), but sometimes i'd love more clarity.
I have tried the Etymotics HF 5 and am looking for something like that. 
Has anyone who tried the T20's think that it be a complement for my T10i's?
Thank you!

May 31, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #203 of 286
had a really quick audition of these today, only ~15 mins when passing by the store and the staff told me they have something interesting, so why not

only had ipc with me but borrowed cypherlabs trio + picco IC from the store, didn't ask which filter it was but staff told me it was "something in the middle"

so here are some very brief and maybe not so accurate impressions - 
bass is relatively heavy and punchy
not a lot of treble
sound signature is more towards neutral-warm, relatively thick but dry
smooth transition, good surrounding
ok but not-very-big soundstage, very obvious when compared to higher-end iems
low sensitivity but not hard to drive - pretty decent sound directly from ipc, amp is not really necessary
very good build quality and fit but well, no interchangeable cable

to sum up - a comfortable universal suitable for long-time listening, i actually would prefer it over some iems of (much) higher price because the transition and surrounding is really good.

I don't own any other RHA iems so i cant compare.

i knew little about RHA before and was a little surprised to know the possible retail price, i was expecting something much higher - even double

anyway just some thoughts from a very quick unprepared audition session, will audition again when next time i drop by and have more time to a/b

May 31, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #204 of 286
  had a really quick audition of these today, only ~15 mins when passing by the store and the staff told me they have something interesting, so why not

only had ipc with me but borrowed cypherlabs trio + picco IC from the store, didn't ask which filter it was but staff told me it was "something in the middle"

not a lot of treble
low sensitivity but not hard to drive - pretty decent sound directly from ipc, amp is not really necessary

to sum up - a comfortable universal suitable for long-time listening, i actually would prefer it over some iems of (much) higher price because the transition and surrounding is really good.

i knew little about RHA before and was a little surprised to know the possible retail price, i was expecting something much higher - even double

anyway just some thoughts from a very quick unprepared audition session, will audition again when next time i drop by and have more time to a/b

so..bottom line is it sounds like T10i?

May 31, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #206 of 286
I have been monitoring posts on this sub for a while now and I can't help but be bothered by the fact that there's no planned version with remote & mic. I bought my MA750's against the T10i's almost 3 months ago and have no problem making another purchase in less than a year. However, having no remote & mic means I have to constantly pull out my bulky iPhone 6 Plus to respond to phone calls and use features previously offered by the remote.

Jun 1, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #207 of 286

not a lot of treble

Hey tnousy - where did you get a chance to try them out? 

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #210 of 286
Pre-order discounts for us Headfiers?  
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back