RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Dec 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #931 of 1,127
  I explained it to them an they accepted the return so no its not but it shows what kind of company RHA is, they standby their product. 

​Wow that's rly impressive by RHA! Sorry for doubting you but I didn't rly think any company would replace a product just like that.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #933 of 1,127
Well I just thought I'd give a quick update, just picked up a Fiio E10k for use in the office, and with the bass flipped on (yeah I know some people will hate this!), for me these are INFINITELY better sounding now! More detail, clarity and one hell of a more powerful bottom end.

For me this has transformed them, and now fully in love with the the t20s, rather than nearly being there when they were not amped.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #934 of 1,127
I also have to confirm that RHA is delivering great service. Unfortunately, the memory wire on the left side snapped at the point where it curves over your ear :frowning2:. I contacted them by e-mail and got a (really) quick reply telling me I have to send them in so they can replace it :)! Loving this company!

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #935 of 1,127
Going on their 600 hour and they continue to improve through my Fiio E18 the soundstage has gotten deeper and remains wide and the imaging is very accurate. While the mids have come forward the treble has lost the edge but continues to sparkle. I'm currently listening to Haywyre's Two Fold album and in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ipzAdoLnqY&list=PLsLcUUn4CvM3mjnMKIm1fjKYPNWySpMWH&index=4 they seem to be further away may 10 to 15 feet but remain very intimate.  

Dec 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #936 of 1,127
Out of curiosity, how do these compare to the MEE Pinnacle p1 iems? Anyone heard both?

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #937 of 1,127
How good of a deal is $60 for used pair of these (Microphone version)? I have a pair of new B&O H3s coming in (Also got for very cheap). But I found an offer and I'm really considering. Given this thread knows a lot, I thought i'd ask.

My best experience with IEMs in the past has been Bose IE2s which now I find way too muddy. The sludgy bass covers everything else in my opinion.

And my only listening device atm is my LCD-2f with an O2 amp (So you know what i'll probably be comparing them to). 

Thanks! Sorry for the random reply.

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #938 of 1,127
How good of a deal is $60 for used pair of these (Microphone version)? I have a pair of new B&O H3s coming in (Also got for very cheap). But I found an offer and I'm really considering. Given this thread knows a lot, I thought i'd ask.

My best experience with IEMs in the past has been Bose IE2s which now I find way too muddy. The sludgy bass covers everything else in my opinion.

And my only listening device atm is my LCD-2f with an O2 amp (So you know what i'll probably be comparing them to). 

Thanks! Sorry for the random reply.

At 60 bucks I'd give them a go, although that does seem to be a rather too good price, even used. They're not everyones cup of tea, with, IMO, the treble being somewhat pronounced, and they do have what I would class as a unique sound signature - with the right recordings they are stunning, but will really show up recordings that are less than very good, and not in a nice way.

Just make sure that you get the full filter set as this will enable you to dial in the T20s to your preference (I find the bass filter to be optimal for my tastes). If the filters are not there then I'd probably pass on them.

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #939 of 1,127
At 60 bucks I'd give them a go, although that does seem to be a rather too good price, even used. They're not everyones cup of tea, with, IMO, the treble being somewhat pronounced, and they do have what I would class as a unique sound signature - with the right recordings they are stunning, but will really show up recordings that are less than very good, and not in a nice way.

Just make sure that you get the full filter set as this will enable you to dial in the T20s to your preference (I find the bass filter to be optimal for my tastes). If the filters are not there then I'd probably pass on them.

Ah ok, that makes sense. They seem to have everything except the box. I'm mainly looking for a pair of earphones that I can use for vocals/movies, and occasional music. I have my big headphones for when I want to relax and enjoy some sounds. These would be for on the go or when i'm too lazy to turn on my system. 

Thank you for the response!

I've yet to see any review say absolutely anything bad about their sound lol, I guess that's what comes with them being customizable. How would they compare to other earphones in their MSRP price range?

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #940 of 1,127
At $60, hard to go wrong as you can easily sell them and not lose money. At full price, I think you can find better sounding iems. Their build quality though looks hard to best, except perhaps for the memory wire. Some have had issues with the memory portion.

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #941 of 1,127
At $60, hard to go wrong as you can easily sell them and not lose money. At full price, I think you can find better sounding iems. Their build quality though looks hard to best, except perhaps for the memory wire. Some have had issues with the memory portion.

Oh ok, that makes a lot of sense.

Are they a big upgrade compared to the B&O H3s I already have? (I got them new for $30).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back