RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Dec 1, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #916 of 1,127
  The 750's were my first dive into iem's so I assumed that's the comfort that i'd expect with iem's in general. You're right when you say these feel weightless it's surprising 

​not the most comfy ive tried. the campfire audio orion at least is way more comfy. also the westone UM1. i guess due to both being small and light plus both have a thinner & more flexible cable than the standard RHA cable. I'm sure the angle of the nozzle plus the insertion depth plays a big role too.

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #917 of 1,127
Complys arrived and damn they're comfy. But they get kinda dirty so fast and it's hard to clean.

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #919 of 1,127
  What color Comply tips did they send you.  The light colored ones look nasty real fast.

​They sent me black so it's not too bad. Comfort200+

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #920 of 1,127
IEMs arrived in the morning just before I leave to work and decided to take it with me. Tried it with only the Spinfits cause of lack of time and I've got to say it destroys the SE215 in every way upon first listen with the reference filter. More airy sound and realism, wider soundstage, bass feels strong but controlled and not overpowered like the Shures which made it sound muffled.  I listened to my benchmark song "Glory" by Ryan Leslie and felt separation from the instruments. Highly impressed and I feel it has more to offer after long burn in. BTW, I had Comply foam tips in my set, maybe I was lucky. Waiting for my GR07 recable to see which sound I prefer.

Dec 3, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #921 of 1,127
IEMs arrived in the morning just before I leave to work and decided to take it with me. Tried it with only the Spinfits cause of lack of time and I've got to say it destroys the SE215 in every way upon first listen with the reference filter. More airy sound and realism, wider soundstage, bass feels strong but controlled and not overpowered like the Shures which made it sound muffled.  I listened to my benchmark song "Glory" by Ryan Leslie and felt separation from the instruments. Highly impressed and I feel it has more to offer after long burn in. BTW, I had Comply foam tips in my set, maybe I was lucky. Waiting for my GR07 recable to see which sound I prefer.

I'm not a big believer in burn in, but the T20 did improve to my ears with a little burn in, nothing crazy just a few hours. What I like about the T20 is that it doesn't wow you immediately, but just sounds right, and draws you into the music with its detail and refinement. You find yourself listening longer than you anticipated because they are so comfortable and inviting. Some people claim brightness but I just don't hear it, using foam Crystal tips, but Comply is fine too.

Dec 4, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #923 of 1,127
im looking for a neutral iem for around 300 bucks and this is what pops out the most so question is should i go with them, how do they compare with shure 425 ?
my source is gonna be my g4 no amp/dac since i move around a lot.

P.s Also does the inline remote work with the android device ?

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #924 of 1,127
  im looking for a neutral iem for around 300 bucks and this is what pops out the most so question is should i go with them, how do they compare with shure 425 ?

​If you're seriously looking for neutral ( as in flat response) I don't think this is the iem for you. the bass is definitely north of neutral but doesn't quite bleed into the other frequencies... which makes this iem very enjoyable for non-critical listening while out and about. However, compared to my home set up with my HD700, they are not quite as good in terms of accurate reproduction and fidelity.

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #925 of 1,127
​If you're seriously looking for neutral ( as in flat response) I don't think this is the iem for you. the bass is definitely north of neutral but doesn't quite bleed into the other frequencies... which makes this iem very enjoyable for non-critical listening while out and about. However, compared to my home set up with my HD700, they are not quite as good in terms of accurate reproduction and fidelity.

The Sennheiser 700 doesn't really compare here as it is neither an IEM nor in the 300 dollar price range. I agree the bass is slightly emphasized in the T20 but not in the extreme at all. In its price range I think the T20 is one of the most neutral IEM's. I obviously haven't heard everything. But a few others that come to mind are the offerings from PSB, Ibasso, and the Audio Technica IM series. The newest offering from Etymotic Research is also heralded as being very neutral, but a bit more costly.

Compared to the Shure, the T20 has better extension at both ends of the frequency range, is less mid-focused and has much more defined and resolving treble and a better soundstage.

Most IEM's in this price range tend to havve a V-shaped sound signature, the T20 does not.

Dec 4, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #926 of 1,127
The Sennheiser 700 doesn't really compare here as it is neither an IEM nor in the 300 dollar price range. I agree the bass is slightly emphasized in the T20 but not in the extreme at all. In its price range I think the T20 is one of the most neutral IEM's. I obviously haven't heard everything. But a few others that come to mind are the offerings from PSB, Ibasso, and the Audio Technica IM series. The newest offering from Etymotic Research is also heralded as being very neutral, but a bit more costly.

Compared to the Shure, the T20 has better extension at both ends of the frequency range, is less mid-focused and has much more defined and resolving treble and a better soundstage.

Most IEM's in this price range tend to havve a V-shaped sound signature, the T20 does not.

​Yeah you're right. I guess it goes to show what a great iem the T20s are as I couldn't really compare them to other iems I've heard. They're easily the best I've owned and only the HD700s (a different category) are better for me :D It's a fantastic iem but I just wanted to emphasise that it's not exactly "reference" level (what is reference exactly I wouldn't even know cos I'm sure even the hd700 aren't) so the potential buyer, slim shady knows what to expect.  

Dec 4, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #927 of 1,127
I'm not a big believer in burn in, but the T20 did improve to my ears with a little burn in, nothing crazy just a few hours. What I like about the T20 is that it doesn't wow you immediately, but just sounds right, and draws you into the music with its detail and refinement. You find yourself listening longer than you anticipated because they are so comfortable and inviting. Some people claim brightness but I just don't hear it, using foam Crystal tips, but Comply is fine too.

Yep, they sound just about right! I honestly thought they didn't needed burn in at all didn't hear the brightness and harshness that some people claim.

Sorry but it doesn't. Made for iOS only, only play/pause button and mic will.

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #928 of 1,127
I have own the Shure se530/535/846 and they are more fun than any those. It almost reaches as low as the se846 16hz on the T20 vs 15hz on the se846 but the T20i has more air up top. The midrange is forward clear and luscious womans vocals like Alina Baraz in "Make you feel" is very intimate. Like you are sitting in the front row at a small club. The soundstage is huge being vented it reaches outside of your head and ears. When I try to "touch " the music at the extremities I reach about 3 to 4 inches from ear. Its also very accurate with the instruments placement is very vocals are center and the music play around the singer its not only horizontal but vertical where in some songs the music is floating above the singer. It's not as three dimensional as the Shure but you do here the layers of music very well. But the soundstage is also wider than the Shures as well (side note: the best soundstage and imaging I've ever heard on an IEM were my Shure E4C) On to imaging... Listening to Portico Quartet - " Su-Bo’s Mental Meltdown" the high hat cymbals and snare are snappy airy and have life like decay... The sax is up and to the left in front of the steel drum while the bass is to the right next to the drummer that encompasses the entire ensemble. What's amazing is how the kept the very powerful right down to sub levels bass from bleeding in the mids. As a RHA you know their quality. Some to mention is the way the wire hooks look after being broken in is they are not pretty but the fit perfectly and I don't feel them in my ears anymore. They sound really good out of the box but sound better after break in. I have around 500 hours on mine and the edge has relaxed on the treble but have more air. The stainless steel housing are small pieces of a brushed metallic jewels. As for longevity they have a 3 year warranty that they standby. On a international flight the 3.5 jack face into my left leg while I slept I bumped it with my leg and bent the plug. RHA did a full replacement without receipt but not only the headphones but they sent brand new box with complete accessories. So now I have to sets of accessories which is of fantastic. Listening to Live recorded music it sounds like you're sitting in the front row a great example of this is Laker Boo (Live) Portico Quartet - Live/Remix. I'm using a Fiio Kunlun DAC/AMP which I also used on the se535/846. I would have to put these above the 535's. The bass slam in Faded (ODESZA Remix) ZHU - Faded (The Remixes) at 1:40 sounds like a wall of bass banging in your head its powerful and rich but no bloated... very controlled.

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:07 PM Post #929 of 1,127
  I have own the Shure se530/535/846 and they are more fun than any those. It almost reaches as low as the se846 16hz on the T20 vs 15hz on the se846 but the T20i has more air up top. The midrange is forward clear and luscious womans vocals like Alina Baraz in "Make you feel" is very intimate. Like you are sitting in the front row at a small club. The soundstage is huge being vented it reaches outside of your head and ears. When I try to "touch " the music at the extremities I reach about 3 to 4 inches from ear. Its also very accurate with the instruments placement is very vocals are center and the music play around the singer its not only horizontal but vertical where in some songs the music is floating above the singer. It's not as three dimensional as the Shure but you do here the layers of music very well. But the soundstage is also wider than the Shures as well (side note: the best soundstage and imaging I've ever heard on an IEM were my Shure E4C) On to imaging... Listening to Portico Quartet - " Su-Bo’s Mental Meltdown" the high hat cymbals and snare are snappy airy and have life like decay... The sax is up and to the left in front of the steel drum while the bass is to the right next to the drummer that encompasses the entire ensemble. What's amazing is how the kept the very powerful right down to sub levels bass from bleeding in the mids. As a RHA you know their quality. Some to mention is the way the wire hooks look after being broken in is they are not pretty but the fit perfectly and I don't feel them in my ears anymore. They sound really good out of the box but sound better after break in. I have around 500 hours on mine and the edge has relaxed on the treble but have more air. The stainless steel housing are small pieces of a brushed metallic jewels. As for longevity they have a 3 year warranty that they standby. On a international flight the 3.5 jack face into my left leg while I slept I bumped it with my leg and bent the plug. RHA did a full replacement without receipt but not only the headphones but they sent brand new box with complete accessories. So now I have to sets of accessories which is of fantastic. Listening to Live recorded music it sounds like you're sitting in the front row a great example of this is Laker Boo (Live) Portico Quartet - Live/Remix. I'm using a Fiio Kunlun DAC/AMP which I also used on the se535/846. I would have to put these above the 535's. The bass slam in Faded (ODESZA Remix) ZHU - Faded (The Remixes) at 1:40 sounds like a wall of bass banging in your head its powerful and rich but no bloated... very controlled.

​A bent plug as a result of your own fault technically should not be covered under warranty as it's definitely not a manufacturing defect. A little unethical to claim for warranty don't you think? :/

Dec 5, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #930 of 1,127

​A bent plug as a result of your own fault technically should not be covered under warranty as it's definitely not a manufacturing defect. A little unethical to claim for warranty don't you think? :/

I explained it to them an they accepted the return so no its not but it shows what kind of company RHA is, they standby their product. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back