RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Sep 24, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #406 of 1,127
For my tastes, IE 80's bass is a bit too slow and soft for EDM.

Oh no will I be dissapointed?
The guy has not shipped them yet, should I go for the T20s then?
But I will have to pay an extra 60 euros for the T20s...

Well, it depends on one's personal perception. I know some people that like the IE 80 with EDM.
The T20 has in my perception the somewhat faster bass, though the transition from ground tone to upper bass is a bit hard.

Personally, I'd go for the Fidue A73 with EDM. Lows are faster and mids/treble higher resolving. Bass quantity is less than with the T20, but still emphasised and imo more than enough.

Sep 24, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #407 of 1,127
Well, it depends on one's personal perception. I know some people that like the IE 80 with EDM.
The T20 has in my perception the somewhat faster bass, though the transition from ground tone to upper bass is a bit hard.

Personally, I'd go for the Fidue A73 with EDM. Lows are faster and mids/treble higher resolving. Bass quantity is less than with the T20, but still emphasised and imo more than enough.

Whats your opinion on the JVC FXZ200?

Sep 25, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #409 of 1,127

Oh no will I be dissapointed?
The guy has not shipped them yet, should I go for the T20s then?
But I will have to pay an extra 60 euros for the T20s...

don't get swayed by 1 comment my friend, just try those ie80s and you will see.

you might find you like them (it may seem slow to him, but its all relative to what your use to)

maybe he's use to the ultra fast bass that comes with the vsonic gr07 or the sennheiser amperior

or maybe he's use the warm slow mellow tone that comes with the bose house sound, or the like.

otherwise, you will be on these forums for days, or even weeks, going back and forth, when in that time you could just be enjoying audio nirvana at home and ignore all the distractions.

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #410 of 1,127
Funny Tom22. How can there be audio nirvana when there's headfi and the next best thing is always around the corner? :wink_face:

:beerchug:

P.S., I haven't heard IE80, but given Senn's house sound I can imagine the bass being slow for my taste. RHA is usually on the slow side as well, but I thought T20 was actually pretty good.

Sep 25, 2015 at 1:45 AM Post #411 of 1,127
Funny @Tom22. How can there be audio nirvana when there's headfi and the next best thing is always around the corner?
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

P.S., I haven't heard IE80, but given Senn's house sound I can imagine the bass being slow for my taste. RHA is usually on the slow side as well, but I thought T20 was actually pretty good.

that's why u forget your password and then never look back !

yes I find the rha house sound to be the same as well, with heavy slightly slow bass.

not that that's bad, but a good observation!

Sep 26, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #415 of 1,127
  does edm require fast bass or slow is fine?

It depends. Some of the electronic music I listen to requires fast bass response and some doesn't. I prefer to have the speed so it's there when I need it.

like @nmatheis  it really depends on your preference, its like do you like driving a truck (in this case a slower heavier bassy earphone) or say a sedan (more nimble, smaller (less bassier earphones)

what are you using right now to listen to your edm? if your enjoying that, and its on the slower side (get the t10)

if its slow (and your finding it lacking in terms of speed, or want to try something different) get the t20

after all that said and done, you the one  pulling the trigger (in this case clicking the mouse) soo in the end, we can only advise you based on our preferences (which may/ may not) differ from yours 

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #419 of 1,127
I had a chance to listen to the T20 at CanJam@RMAF this weekend.  I must say, I was quite impressed (as was my wife).  I own the T10i so I am used to the interchangeable filters and have an idea about the RHA sound signature.  The T20 improves greatly on the T10i.  The bass seems a lot more controlled and less boomy than in the T10i, and the mids and treble are much improved.  When I listened to the T20, I thought that it was a much more balanced presentation, with all 3 filters.

I definitely think I'm going to be picking up the T20 -- it was one of the highlights of the show for me.

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #420 of 1,127
  I had a chance to listen to the T20 at CanJam@RMAF this weekend.  I must say, I was quite impressed (as was my wife).  I own the T10i so I am used to the interchangeable filters and have an idea about the RHA sound signature.  The T20 improves greatly on the T10i.  The bass seems a lot more controlled and less boomy than in the T10i, and the mids and treble are much improved.  When I listened to the T20, I thought that it was a much more balanced presentation, with all 3 filters.

I definitely think I'm going to be picking up the T20 -- it was one of the highlights of the show for me.

as some that owns the t10is for an extended period of time. Is there any benefits you found the t10i> t20?

both sound and ergonomics wise- the biggest difference I found physically is the earguides on the t20s being a bit stiffer and holds its shape better, I found the t10is a bit too flexible and I would need to readjust the shape more often then id like

and strictly in terms of measurements for those that didn't look at these already:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT20ReferenceFilter.pdf

http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/RHAT10iReferenceFilter.pdf

the t20s don't fall off a cliff like the t10i at around 6-7k. and it (t20) didn't have that drastic spike right after that 6-7k region the t10i did

Users who are viewing this thread

Back