RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Sep 21, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #376 of 1,127
If it were me, with my tastes, I'd pony up and get T20 over T10 any day. T10 was just way too relaxed up top for me - even with the treble filter. But if you're a fan of relaxed treble and don't listen to music with quick bass, then the T10 might do it for you.

I could almost buy two pairs of T10s for the price I will be paying for the T20s though. Is it worth still going for the T20?
Should I look into a different earphone at this price level?

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #378 of 1,127

I could almost buy two pairs of T10s for the price I will be paying for the T20s though. Is it worth still going for the T20?

to quote my comparison video

yes, imo i think the price difference between the t10 and the t20, i think i said 50-75$ is worth it! 

if they were very similar with a few small tweaks then maybe not as much, but i think the acoustic changes was quite drastic, at least to my ears. 

Sep 21, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #379 of 1,127
So would the t20 be good for classic rock and indie rock?
to quote my comparison video

yes, imo i think the price difference between the t10 and the t20, i think i said 50-75$ is worth it! 

if they were very similar with a few small tweaks then maybe not as much, but i think the acoustic changes was quite drastic, at least to my ears. 

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #384 of 1,127
Great, when I'm out I use my iPod touch for music and when I'm home, My Schiit amp and dac are great, I wish I could have the quality of my Schiit setup with my ipod, so now I need a better iem (I'm limited to IEMs)
Classic Rock and EDM are the genres where the T20 shines, imo.

A tube amp should possible, as the T20 has got a flat impedance response (iIrc), though I haven't paired it with one yet.

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #385 of 1,127
It all comes down to what soundsignature like, the T10 is more for people who like to have a healthy amount of bass without being a Bassheads in ear, at least it isn't in their top 10:joy:. In The EU you can also have a Senn IE80 from Amazon at same price or even a bit cheaper than the T20, but again up to you

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #386 of 1,127
Great, then also, would they be ok to use with a tube amp and dac? I use Schiit Audio
Classic rock is a wide spectrum of diverse sub-genres of rock, but older stuff, that can be Fleetwood Mac but Yes as well, so in case of the latter I like to hear CS bass in all it's glory, depending on the mix but for Fleetwood Mac you might need a more mid- treble kind of in ear, like for example the Grado GR10.

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #387 of 1,127
It all comes down to what soundsignature like, the T10 is more for people who like to have a healthy amount of bass without being a Bassheads in ear, at least it isn't in their top 10:joy:. In The EU you can also have a Senn IE80 from Amazon at same price or even a bit cheaper than the T20, but again up to you

Would you recommend the Senn IE80 over the T20? I can get them for 60 euro cheaper...

Sep 22, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #388 of 1,127
Thanks, but with the t10i or the t10 have you ever listened to the Klipsch x7i or X11?
Classic rock is a wide spectrum of diverse sub-genres of rock, but older stuff, that can be Fleetwood Mac but Yes as well, so in case of the latter I like to hear CS bass in all it's glory, depending on the mix but for Fleetwood Mac you might need a more mid- treble kind of in ear, like for example the Grado GR10.

Sep 22, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #389 of 1,127
My review is finally up! http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-t20/reviews/14071

Its my first ever! Do give me feedbacks! Taking this opportunity to learn as well. Also, once again, thanks to RHA for giving me this opportunity and for being so patient with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back