RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
May 28, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #736 of 1,127
I'm still not sure about the T20, I am however keeping it as it's got such a unique sound signature which really brings a good dose of kick and life into some music, but equally can be painful to listen to on other tracks. Overall I find these have the best balance with the bass filter, as this brings out the midrange. Unfortunately using any of the other filters causes the treble to become overly dominant to my ears.

May 29, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #737 of 1,127
I agree the bass filter works for me as it brings body and life to vocals which tend to be a little thin otherwise.

With the bass filter (which does not overdo the bass) i really enjoy these as an alternative to my se535, each brings differnet qualities although if i had to choose one it would b the se535.

d

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #740 of 1,127
  I can compare to DUNU DN-1000 which is a triple driver too that sounds excelent for the price and RHA T20 performs very close with a bit better bass definition. Can also compare to Trinity ATLAS where T20 has better treble (refinement), body and separation (although ATLAS has better bass definition and transparency).

I have the Trinity Atlas. Would you say that the T20 an upgrade or are they close enough that I should just keep my Atlas'?

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #742 of 1,127
  this or shure 425? sound quality and value...

I have the se535 and can say (imo) the shures are warmer and more inviting (especially with vocals) but the rha has deeper heavier bass even with the reference filters, remember the shures cost almost twice the rha - i suspect the choice will depend upon musical choices, i listen to lots of vocal jazz/blues and both sound good but if you have the rha then a warm sounding dap/amp would be helpful, however with electric/electronic music then the rha have more bite.

hope thi8s helps

d

Jul 3, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #743 of 1,127
Jul 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #744 of 1,127
I Love my T20's but I'm utterly fed up with dicking about with the memory wire.
Why do iem manufactures think this is a design feature people want?

All it does is make fitting MORE difficult, not easier.

Tension on the memory wire pushes, or pulls, against the tip. It can take ages to finish tweaking to get them right - WHY? Why not just have a flexible strain relief than doesn't exert external force on the tip and seal?

Has anyone started offering a replacement cabling service yet? I'm guessing it might not be possible?

/rant

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #746 of 1,127
Hi all..
Did any1 tried filters from other iems?? I swapped in the bass filters for my kz ed9 and it fits just nice :)
Cuts a little on the low end and sounds airy compared to the reference filters~~
The ed9 longer filters (which gives a flat sound sig on ed9) on the other hand though was not a pleasant change..

So i wanted to see if any1 else has ventured into these area?? I feel that the bass on ref filters are still too much for me..

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #747 of 1,127
I agree. Never had a problem with the memory wire on these. Quite like it in fact. It's pretty easy to mold into shape and seems to retain it quite well, so insertion is quick and easy and stays in place. No memory wire is usually easier to fit in a hurry but soon the cable is not in place on top of the ear and is flopping around. The seal holds, but it's distracting.

Jul 11, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #748 of 1,127
Hi all..
Did any1 tried filters from other iems?? I swapped in the bass filters for my kz ed9 and it fits just nice :)
Cuts a little on the low end and sounds airy compared to the reference filters~~
The ed9 longer filters (which gives a flat sound sig on ed9) on the other hand though was not a pleasant change..

So i wanted to see if any1 else has ventured into these area?? I feel that the bass on ref filters are still too much for me..

They fit? Oh cool. Unfortunately thats the rha house sound ive come across i havent tried the ma750s but ur getting a thick kick withcthe t10 ma600,t20s in varying degrees

Jul 12, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #750 of 1,127
It's not that the memory wire doesn't work as such. It's just a faff getting the stuff to sit without levering out the seal at times. I thought it would be an improvement and negate the need to cinch up too much but it's not imho. Never had an issue with just a flexible cable. Shure, sennheiser, gro7 etc all fit perfectly without any issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back