RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions
Feb 21, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #663 of 1,127
Hi.
guys i can't decide which one i should get the T10i or the T20i and why?

T20 is much more neutral, excellent bass extension, midrange and treble detail. T10 is very much for bassheads, sacrificing fidelity. T20 in my opinion is the best IEM under US $250. in fact, the RHA750 is a better IEM than the T10, IMO at about half the price.

Feb 22, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #665 of 1,127
  Hi.
guys i can't decide which one i should get the T10i or the T20i and why?

when i compared them (you can see the review in my profile) 

i like the t20s much more.

still nice strong punch but sounds more cohesive compared to the t10 which i found disconnected because of the severe dropp off between 6-7k

it was too dominant in the bass which made them sound quite unnatural with the emphasized treble

to me the rha t20 basically replaces the t10 in every way, still bassy but the good kind! 

Feb 25, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #666 of 1,127
Just got the T20i's today, out of the box I'm really happy with how they sound. They look great in black.

One thing that I did find strange though is that the right ear hook (side with the mic) is slightly longer than the left ear hook, is that normal? Its not much longer but long enough for it to be noticeable, around 5 or so mm longer. I also found that where the cable joins the ear hook the cable must have been crimped when in the box so its not sitting straight after the plastic joiner, I'm sure it will straighten up in time though.

I think that I have just been looking at them for to long since I got them out of the box.

Feb 25, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #667 of 1,127
  Just got the T20i's today, out of the box I'm really happy with how they sound. They look great in black.

One thing that I did find strange though is that the right ear hook (side with the mic) is slightly longer than the left ear hook, is that normal? Its not much longer but long enough for it to be noticeable, around 5 or so mm longer. I also found that where the cable joins the ear hook the cable must have been crimped when in the box so its not sitting straight after the plastic joiner, I'm sure it will straighten up in time though.

I think that I have just been looking at them for to long since I got them out of the box.

Don't have the mic version, so I can't comment on you first observation, but a number of people (including me) have noticed that the packaging tends to put a little crimp or indentation in the wire. Doesn't really hurt anything but with such a great IEM and nice packaging, it would be good for RHA to address this by replacing the hard plastic in the packaging with cardboard or something a little softer.  They do sound great out of the box and will get even better with a little use.  The T20 is once of only 2 IEM's I've noticed a break-in.  You might want to get yourself some Comply T200's, they really help the bass dig clear to the bottom.  For some reason I had no trouble getting a good seal with the included tips on the RHA M750 but had trouble with the T20.  IMO, you bought the best IEM under $250 although I haven't heard them all.

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #668 of 1,127
  Don't have the mic version, so I can't comment on you first observation, but a number of people (including me) have noticed that the packaging tends to put a little crimp or indentation in the wire. Doesn't really hurt anything but with such a great IEM and nice packaging, it would be good for RHA to address this by replacing the hard plastic in the packaging with cardboard or something a little softer.  They do sound great out of the box and will get even better with a little use.  The T20 is once of only 2 IEM's I've noticed a break-in.  You might want to get yourself some Comply T200's, they really help the bass dig clear to the bottom.  For some reason I had no trouble getting a good seal with the included tips on the RHA M750 but had trouble with the T20.  IMO, you bought the best IEM under $250 although I haven't heard them all.

That's good that others have found that the crimp doesn't harm anything, it should straighten out now that it's not squashed in the box. I will have to get some Comply T200's. I actually have a great seal with the stock tips, normal I have to use Sony hybrids to get a decent seal.

I was previously using Vsonic GR07 BE and the left side became faulty, I was going to buy another pair of those but wanted a change. Initially I was looking for something with a similar sound signature to my Vmoda M100s and heard that the T10s sound was sort of similar. Then after reading a lot about both the T10 and T20's I ended up going for the T20's and after my first day of listening I'm very happy with my choice. I always wished that the Vsonic GR07 BE had a bit more bass so I'm glad that the T20 has more bass impact and I prefer sound.

Overall I'm very happy with the sound, build quality and comfort of the T20's. That ear hook length is weird though can anyone confirm if the mic version has a longer ear hook on one side? When wearing the earphones looking front on the mic side ear hook sits around 1cm lower.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #671 of 1,127

Welcome to the party, my friend!

beerchug.gif

Burning them in at the moment, seems that these do change a bit and right now I need a small improvement overall.

Feb 27, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #673 of 1,127
Just yesterday enjoyed the T20 with my 901 - never had this combo used before. Absolutely lovely synergy - glorious sound quality. Really had a blast.

Cheers!

Feb 29, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #674 of 1,127
I'm a big fan of the T20s. Usually run them through my Explorer² if listening at home, or straight from my phone when out and about or at the gym. These are beasts for the gym, once hooked in it take a lot for them to become dislodged.

The medium sized silicone tips that came supplied provide me near perfect isolation and fit, however, my inAirs turned up yesterday and have taken the bass extension - which was already impressive - up a few nothces, and isolation is even better than before. I'll probably stick to the silicone tips for the gym as they're less hassle to fit and better at repelling sweat, but I recommend giving the inAirs a go to all other fellow T20 owners. I certainly find them a level of comfort above any of the supplied tips and other foamies.

Mar 7, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #675 of 1,127
The strain relief on the right bud of my T20s failed yesterday. Almost complete loss of audio, with a couple of transient clicks here and there when I shift the cable about. Kind of disappointing! Now I get to find out how useful their RMA process is. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back