RHA T20? Any alternatives?
Sep 1, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #18 of 39
  So it seems they haven't changed the sound too much from the T10. That's unfortunate, given that RHA make their own drivers, i.e. have more control over their tuning. Now if they ever stick a mid and a high BA in the housing, that would be something to check out even if it doubles the price.

Dude! Sounds to me like you might be more of s BA kind of person. I returned the T20s too because they just sounded "muddy" to me. I'm used to BA and thought I'd give these a try. Sure the soundstage was wider than most and the sub-bass was more apparent but they just did not perform. The mids are what I have an issue with; they just don't sound right. Very unnatural.

Now either my ears are weird, or it seems like hype to me...
confused.gif

Sep 4, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #19 of 39
I'm gonna update my preference and be a bit more specific. I really like the sound sig of my M-80s, but I'm getting kinda bored of them I guess. I'm looking something more compact and low-profile to replace them. The XS are pretty tempting, but IEMs are what I want. 
Quick, punchy, forward bass, warm and forward mids. Treble doesn't have to be all out there and sparkly, but rolled off just a bit to be able to hear clearly. These'll be my daily drivers, so good build quality and durable materials are a must. Over the ear cable is preferred, and if there's a carrying case, that'd be great. This may be a bit much for my price range, but I can spend a maximum of $250. 

I have my eye on:
- RHA T20 (still)
- Shure SE215/315 (anyone have anything on the 315? There's like no reviews)
- Aurisonics Bravo Series or Rockets (Eva or Kicker)
-  B&W C5 S2 (Sound sig seems to be what I'm looking for, but build quality is a turn-off)

That I've taken note of:
- A couple Fidues
- Dunu DN2K (A bit expensive)

Thanks for the responses so far guys. Really appreciate it. 

Sep 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #20 of 39
I'm gonna update my preference and be a bit more specific. I really like the sound sig of my M-80s, but I'm getting kinda bored of them I guess. I'm looking something more compact and low-profile to replace them. The XS are pretty tempting, but IEMs are what I want. 
Quick, punchy, forward bass, warm and forward mids. Treble doesn't have to be all out there and sparkly, but rolled off just a bit to be able to hear clearly. These'll be my daily drivers, so good build quality and durable materials are a must. Over the ear cable is preferred, and if there's a carrying case, that'd be great. This may be a bit much for my price range, but I can spend a maximum of $250. 

I have my eye on:

- RHA T20 (still)
- Shure SE215/315 (anyone have anything on the 315? There's like no reviews)
- Aurisonics Bravo Series or Rockets (Eva or Kicker)
-  B&W C5 S2 (Sound sig seems to be what I'm looking for, but build quality is a turn-off)

That I've taken note of:
- A couple Fidues
- Dunu DN2K (A bit expensive)

Thanks for the responses so far guys. Really appreciate it. 

I would definitively suggest the dn2000 - it doesn't slam all the time but delivers when needed to (tldr;you'll never feel cheated). There is vocal emphasis (texture wise, same for bass). Smooth silky mids with details to boot.
The highs is just short of energy from being perfect (I like it when tambourines help drive the tune). So here you do get forward bass and mids.

The best thing about the dn2k? Instrument/channel separation just breathes and shines like no one's business.

Sep 18, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #21 of 39
The DN2K is slightly out of my price range. I'm really down on the Rockets with Comply T-500s. Waiting for the Bravo series to come out and see what the Kicker comes to. Still eyeing the T-20 also.

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #22 of 39
  The DN2K is slightly out of my price range. I'm really down on the Rockets with Comply T-500s. Waiting for the Bravo series to come out and see what the Kicker comes to. Still eyeing the T-20 also.

Dude Im on the same boat as you, I cant decide between the T10s or T20s, I dont know if the 80$ difference is worth it...
Also I have heard in many forums the Shure se215 have very similar sound to the t20s and that you are only paying for premium build on them...
So I am in the same boat as you
Either
RHA T10I - 140$
RHA T20 -  240$
DN2K - 300$
SHURE SE214 - 75$
aurisonics kicker - 249$

Not trying to thread highjack just looking for advice too :)

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #24 of 39
Out of the list, I own the dn2k.what you want? ??

Hardstyle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pjY1hngDQ (skip to 0:40 listen till at least 1:30) and https://youtu.be/EUNsJzoLVxY (skip to 01:00)
Trance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orz5K-AQdDk
EDM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF0jxR2z-3Q
Let me know how they sound on the T10s with bass and if you would recommend the T10s or the T20s over them. I really only listen to this 3 genres, nothing else.
Cheers

I really enjoy bass and all the music I listen to is hardstyle, EDM and trance. So bass is very important for. Now I need to decide between the RHA T20s, RHA T10s, Shure SE215s, Sennheiser IE80, or the DN2000. If you have any other suggestions you are welcome to post them. A lot of my music includes vocals as well so I would want them to sound clear too.

Sep 22, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #25 of 39

Dude Im on the same boat as you, I cant decide between the T10s or T20s, I dont know if the 80$ difference is worth it...
Also I have heard in many forums the Shure se215 have very similar sound to the t20s and that you are only paying for premium build on them...
So I am in the same boat as you
Either
RHA T10I - 140$
RHA T20 -  240$
DN2K - 300$
SHURE SE214 - 75$
aurisonics kicker - 249$

Not trying to thread highjack just looking for advice too :)

It's all good. It'll help get more attention.

Out of the list, I own the dn2k.what you want? ??

Hardstyle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8pjY1hngDQ (skip to 0:40 listen till at least 1:30) and https://youtu.be/EUNsJzoLVxY (skip to 01:00)
Trance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orz5K-AQdDk
EDM - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF0jxR2z-3Q
Let me know how they sound on the T10s with bass and if you would recommend the T10s or the T20s over them. I really only listen to this 3 genres, nothing else.
Cheers

I really enjoy bass and all the music I listen to is hardstyle, EDM and trance. So bass is very important for. Now I need to decide between the RHA T20s, RHA T10s, Shure SE215s, Sennheiser IE80, or the DN2000. If you have any other suggestions you are welcome to post them. A lot of my music includes vocals as well so I would want them to sound clear too.

I'd say the T20s over the T10. Supposedly, the T10s were really bloated, and T20s are plenty better.
I primarily listen to electronic, rock, and rock-pop, and downtempo/chillout. I delve into most everything else, but those are my main genres.

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #26 of 39
Waiting for the Bravo series to drop in the US. Super interested in the Kicker. 
I'm down to:
- Aursonics Rockets (with Comply T-400s)
- Aurisonics Bravo Kicker
- Dunu DN1K

Oct 8, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #27 of 39
  Waiting for the Bravo series to drop in the US. Super interested in the Kicker. 
I'm down to:
- Aursonics Rockets (with Comply T-400s)
- Aurisonics Bravo Kicker
- Dunu DN1K

Besides for the Rockets, Aurisonics is quite notorious for the big amounts of bass they put in their earphones... So I presume the Bravo series will be rather v - shaped....

Oct 19, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #28 of 39
  This is why the T20 and Shures are so attractive to me. RHA are built fully out of steel, while Shure has some really durable plastics and a detachable cable.

Just my 2-cents since you seem to be looking for good build-quality and quality cables. I have previously owned Shure 115 and 215 and although the cable quality and build quality is there...I had a terrible time 
with the detachable cables. Both sets after about a month of wear would intermittently cut out and it was directly because of the contact of the detachale cables. I would have to mess with them by turning them very slightly just to gain connnectivity while in the middle of lsitening to tracks. I was a huge Shire fan before they even made detachable cables and ever sicne then I have boycotted Shure's. Its inexcusable when paying for that level of quality and something so simple turns out to be a huge flaw.

One might argue that these RHA's T20's should have detachabel cabels for the price point...but honestly I prefer the cable to be attached than to deal with such an issue.

I have owned Shure's, Emyotics, Monster Turbines, Klipsch S4 (teribble IMO), and some other IEM's and after going out on a limb tryign the RHA 750i's I have been a huge fan of RHA products.

I recently purchased the T20i's and they blew me away. I love the build quality and the jump in sound isa leaps beyond th 750's. Of course you can spend more on better but for the price point I think the T20s are the best bang for the buck.

Nov 6, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #29 of 39
The Rockets are slowly appealing to me more. The more neutral sound seems appealing, and paired with some Complys, it seems right up my alleyway. Waiting for reviews of the Kicker now. I feel like they'd be even more worth the $250 than the T20s, with the cables and such.

Nov 10, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #30 of 39
The Rockets are slowly appealing to me more. The more neutral sound seems appealing, and paired with some Complys, it seems right up my alleyway. Waiting for reviews of the Kicker now. I feel like they'd be even more worth the $250 than the T20s, with the cables and such.

RHA M750 might be a very good fit for what you're looking for.   Same stellar build quality and warranty.   Not nearly as heavy.  Excellent bass is in quality and quantity and mid-range and treble are crystal clear.  Comfortable for hours.  I'm interested in the T20 too, but don't know if it would be an upgrade to the 750.  Its way underpriced, IMO.  I'd choose it over any of the others mentioned. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back