RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #466 of 474
  you cannot compare T10 to Andromeda or K10....completely different league and price points.  Andro and K10/encore much much much better than T10, T20.  
I did not find the T10 to be detailed, and did not like its sound signature.  it felt grainy and strange.
It seems to me that you need to go try more IEMs to see what you like and is within your budget.  Campfire orion and earsonics ES3 are great and good value

Thanks.  I know pricewise they are different animals, but what I'm worried about is: I want detail and sub-bass.  I like electronic music styles that rely on both.  I have full sized headphones, which do it well. (Or better, several that do different things well...)  I wish I had places that sold IEMs in my area (Germany), but it doesn't seem that way...so I'd have to buy something blind.  I've already ruled out the IE800 and the AKG hybrid.   K10/Andomeda seem like good directions to go ... I like the RHA signature, but know it's not perfect.  For example, for the electronic music I (sometimes) listen to, the RE00 sounds awful and dull.  I DO NOT want to accidently buy anything expensive, which sounds like an RE00 at the low end. 

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #467 of 474
I personally think the earsonics velvet version 1 is a perfect match for EDM if thats your thing.  it has good sub bass and treble, very detailed, wide stage.  The negative is that I don't think its particularly good with vocals.  It doesnt sound very natural (version 2 solves this)  

Mar 15, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #468 of 474
Thank
  1. fastwrx25....another thing to add to my list of things...AAW W900 got on there too!  thanks!

2. Another question for the pros: 
  3. My RHA t10i cable pulled out near the mic...I don't have any proof of purchase except the box...so I'm on my own for repairs.  I spliced the cable, but I accidently made it short.... now I'd like to recable it

Does anyone know how to OPEN THE HEADPHONE?  I've pried it a bit apart, but I can't tell if it is glued or screwed.  Has anyone on here ever opened one?  I was thinking that if I could get it open, I could either do a straight recable, or maybe solder in a 92 pin or MMCX if it fits!  
Any tips?  :-D    

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #469 of 474
Thank
  • fastwrx25....another thing to add to my list of things...AAW W900 got on there too!  thanks!

• Another question for the pros: 
  • My RHA t10i cable pulled out near the mic...I don't have any proof of purchase except the box...so I'm on my own for repairs.  I spliced the cable, but I accidently made it short.... now I'd like to recable it

Does anyone know how to OPEN THE HEADPHONE?  I've pried it a bit apart, but I can't tell if it is glued or screwed.  Has anyone on here ever opened one?  I was thinking that if I could get it open, I could either do a straight recable, or maybe solder in a 92 pin or MMCX if it fits!  

Any tips?  :-D    

Hi can you let us know if you managed to open them. I got pairs on the way and already couldnt resist to tkink about modifying them...

Apr 13, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #470 of 474
Guys has anyone tried sealing part of t10 bass ports to adjust sound haracteristic? Im curious... I ordered pair for gym where I would like to have some rumble fun punchy sound but Im bit scared by reading some reviews... Can anyone try to cover vents with fingers and sticking some tape on half of vent? I will try it anyway but Im curious and I will hear them no earlier than in a week. I like modding things...

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #471 of 474
Hi can you let us know if you managed to open them. I got pairs on the way and already couldnt resist to tkink about modifying them...

Hah cool, I just did a search to see if anyone as interested in this and it's on the latest page.

I've seen some T10 & T20 on ebay and wouldn't mind trying to repair them as a hobby project.  Got some Sony XBA-H1 incoming I got cheap (lol like $3.75) I'm going to attempt to add mmcx connectors to.

Check out rf-plaza on ebay for connectors:
http://stores.ebay.com/rf-plaza?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #472 of 474
so I got my T10s today and I dont know what people mean by overwhelming bass. I like most treble filter not because of less bass but more like better extension of highs. Bass is there and is nice but its not like Its super boombastic like I was worry it will be. This is my first super early impression. Also they kind of sounded dry at first but now sound fine with treble. I have feeling that too many old audiophiles are looking for shouty bright headphones and complain on less "airy" ones, yes its bass boosted for sure but this is what I wanted for my purpose, but Im really happy its not too bright on the other side of spectrum. Im actually not a fan of IEMs I have all my headphones over-ear so it feels strange as I didnt put anything into my ear for decades. Isolation is fine I think, weel see how it will be in the gym, hope it will minimise this terrible music background they play... also it looks like it does not have any sound leaks if you dont play them too loud. And now the question, what would be nicelly isolating earplugs for them for smaller ear canals, I couldnt fit this black sponge thing at all, I might try to trim it a bit with scalpel but I think I saw some post earlier about Samsung earplugs, will they fit filter thread? I tried this double silicone plugs and they are fine but still too large uncomfortable and bit painfull. Overal Im happy and wont try to modify anything I really like them straight from the box, I just wish to have smaller earplugs to chose

Sep 13, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #474 of 474
so I got my T10s today and I dont know what people mean by overwhelming bass. I like most treble filter not because of less bass but more like better extension of highs. Bass is there and is nice but its not like Its super boombastic like I was worry it will be. This is my first super early impression. Also they kind of sounded dry at first but now sound fine with treble. I have feeling that too many old audiophiles are looking for shouty bright headphones and complain on less "airy" ones, yes its bass boosted for sure but this is what I wanted for my purpose, but Im really happy its not too bright on the other side of spectrum. Im actually not a fan of IEMs I have all my headphones over-ear so it feels strange as I didnt put anything into my ear for decades. Isolation is fine I think, weel see how it will be in the gym, hope it will minimise this terrible music background they play... also it looks like it does not have any sound leaks if you dont play them too loud. And now the question, what would be nicelly isolating earplugs for them for smaller ear canals, I couldnt fit this black sponge thing at all, I might try to trim it a bit with scalpel but I think I saw some post earlier about Samsung earplugs, will they fit filter thread? I tried this double silicone plugs and they are fine but still too large uncomfortable and bit painfull. Overal Im happy and wont try to modify anything I really like them straight from the box, I just wish to have smaller earplugs to chose

Agreed. These are not even basshead iems. All the filters do is change the amount of treble. I use the bass filters to tame the treble. I've heard many iems with significantly more bass. These are actually great sounding iems. It's always the people that demand anything good must be neutral or flat that complain about "tons" of bass. The usual head-fi extreme audio gobbledygook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back