RHA T10i Tour & Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #181 of 474
Does anyone know how these compare to the rha ma-750's? Especially in the sound signature , its said that the t10i's have a more smooth mid range and won't be loved by treble head's. I consider myself a treble kinda guy so which pair is best for me ? (I like strong treble and mids , not really a fan of ''smooth'' sounding headphones) Thanks for any help 
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #182 of 474
Does anyone know how these compare to the rha ma-750's? Especially in the sound signature , its said that the t10i's have a more smooth mid range and won't be loved by treble head's. I consider myself a treble kinda guy so which pair is best for me ? (I like strong treble and mids , not really a fan of ''smooth'' sounding headphones) Thanks for any help :D

Stay away from the T10i then. If you read my review, you'll understand why : http://www.head-fi.org/products/rha-t10i/reviews/12006

If you're looking for an excellent IEM suited to someone who loves a reasonably balanced but clear sounding IEM - perhaps also look at the Fidue A83. It would be my pick for best sound I've heard in 2014.

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #184 of 474
Hopefully someone who has heard both can help. Unfortunately I haven't heard the MA-750 yet.

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #186 of 474
Just ordered a T10i. Should have it Friday.

Wondering how they compare to the DN1000's. I'm obviously not expecting wonders on the treble side of things but honestly the Dunu's highs are a but too sibilant for me at high volumes (which I need in the subway and while flying). The T10's seem to be the only warm IEM with that awesome ergonomic form factor besides the Shure 215. Everything else with that shape is BA-only so I'm sure bass won't be as plentiful as I like it.

Also hoping the fit is ok as my earcanals fit well with slightly forward-angled nozzles while the T10's seem to be solid 90 degrees.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #187 of 474
Jan 16, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #189 of 474
I have T10i back in my ears as final tour run, just popping in to final things from my end.

I think the best way to describe the differences in opinion with this IEM is....

No matter what filter you use you're going to have bass with this IEM, some bass, more bass, lots of bass, this is purely one strong aspect of T10i which isn't going away without EQ. The best way for me to describe this is.. its very much like listening to music accompanied by a powerful sub-woofer, take a teenager's worked up car with a 15" Kicker sub in the boot or trunk, its always in the background pumping away causing a dramatic amount of atmosphere, that sub-bass presence and decay lingering around. In saying that, in the case of T10i that teenager hasn't forgotten about the mid or top end of his car system, he's installed quality speakers and splitters upfront which bring a nice mid-range and to some extend extended treble etc. He hasn't gone just for bass leaving the front end stock standard, he spent an even amount both ways, this is what I hear in T10i.

And..where the difference between people's opinions lies here is all in relation to what I said. Some people absolutely adore sub-bass, you have people of all ages running around installing insane subwoofers and amps in their cars trying to outclass SPL levels, going to meets, competitions etc.. They love bass, simple as that and would enjoy nothing more to have that in a portable solution. Then you have other half who wouldn't set foot in a car with LOUD bassy music, it would give them a headache, they absolutely hate it with a passion as doof doof cars pass them in the street.

I guess one could say they're either matured past that stage or it was something they never liked at all. Myself for example, when I was young would always turn up the bass with my stereo. Yes, I was one of those fools you see at the lights shaking people rear view mirrors, more the better I'd say back then, anything for that reaction. Even when I joined Head-Fi my quest was to try and find car sub-woofer bass levels in an IEM, I purchased Hippo VB, portable amps with bass boost and at that time T10i would have been absolutely perfect for my tastes as it will also be for the next bass-heads inline.

As I grew older or expereinced I became more accustomed to finding detail, clarity, listening for technical ability and really that's what the heart of audio for me grew to be. So whilst I can dig the entire concept of T10i, I can see the approach, its not really for me after the path I've taken. Going back a few years I would be all over it as its very capable in what it does, though catering to a bunch of audiophiles with acquired taste for flat response isn't a place for T10i, unfortunately.

I'll give a big ups for:

Build (some of the best I've seen)
Fit (they're incredibly easy to fit for me)
Package ( complete value for money and presentation)

My thoughts for RHA:

Possibly introduce an alternative T10i with lowered bass presence, basically T10iR (Reference). This would leave the bass version for those we've spoken about above (because they're out there) and then cater for the audiophille community who prefer a flatter response. The driver inside T10 have lots of potential, consider retuning it slightly introducing a second version with reference tuning and reference class filters. That's what I'd do in a nutshell to please the other half of consumers.

Jan 16, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #190 of 474

I have T10i back in my ears as final tour run, just popping in to final things from my end.

I think the best way to describe the differences in opinion with this IEM is....

No matter what filter you use you're going to have bass with this IEM, some bass, more bass, lots of bass, this is purely one strong aspect of T10i which isn't going away without EQ. The best way for me to describe this is.. its very much like listening to music accompanied by a powerful sub-woofer, take a teenagers worked up car with a 15" Kicker sub in the boot or trunk, its always in the background pumping away causing a dramatic amount of atmosphere, that sub-bass presence and decay lingering around. In saying that, in the case of T10i that teenager hasn't forgotten about the mid or top end of his car system, he's installed quality speakers and splitters upfront which bring a nice mid-range and to some extend extended treble etc. He hasn't gone just for bass leaving the front end stock standard, he spent an even amount both ways, this is what I see in T10i.

And..where the difference between people's opinions lies here is all in relation to what I said. Some people absolutely adore sub-bass, you have people of all ages running around installing insane subwoofers and amps in their cars trying to outclass SPL levels, going to meets, competitions etc.. They love bass, simple as that and would enjoy nothing more to have that in a portable solution. Then you have other half who wouldn't set foot in a car with LOUD bassy music, it would give them a headache, they absolutely hate it with a passion as doof doof cars pass them in the street.

I guess one could say they're either matured past that stage or it was something they never liked at all. Myself for example, when I was young would always turn up the bass with my stereo. Yes, I was one of those fools you see at the lights shaking people rear view mirrors, more the better I'd say back then, anything for that reaction. Even when I joined Head-Fi my quest was to try and find car sub-woofer bass levels in an IEM, I purchased Hippo VB, portable amps with bass boost and at that time T10i would have been absolutely perfect for my tastes as it will also be for the next bass-heads inline.

As I grew older or expereinced I became more accustomed to finding detail, clarity, listening for technical ability and really that's what the heart of audio for me grew to be. So whilst I can dig the entire concept of T10i, I can see the approach its not really for me after the path I've taken. Going back a few years I would be all over it as its very capable in what it does, though catering to a bunch of audiophiles with acquired taste for flat response isn't a place for T10i, unfortunately.

I'll give a big ups for:

Build (some of the best I've seen)
Fit (they're incredibly easy to fit for me)
Package ( complete value for money and presentation)

My thoughts for RHA:

Possibly introduce an alternative T10i with lowered bass presence, basically T10iR (Reference). This would leave the bass version for those we've spoken about above (because they're out there) and then cater for the audiophille community who prefer a flatter response. The driver inside T10 have lots of potential, consider retuning it slightly introducing a second version with reference tuning and reference class filters. That's what I'd do in a nutshell to please the other half of consumers.

Excellent post UncleH2O. I think I see a wise white beard on that smoky skull

+! to RHA releasing an alternate tuning whilst retaining the aesthetics and build.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #191 of 474
How do these earphones handle Hard Dance, EDM, Hardstyle, Hardcore, Trance and rap? I'm looking for a IEM that has a sound signatute kinda similar to the V moda M100 if not better.

I was looking for the excact same thing - IEMs with similar sound signature to v-moda m100. And I think I have found them. RHA T10i sounds amazing with high filter on. Fiio X3 as DAP/DAC and T10i together is a very nice combination imho... EDM sounds really good and probably all bass-heavy genres will sound amazingly good.

Jan 21, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #192 of 474
  I was looking for the excact same thing - IEMs with similar sound signature to v-moda m100. And I think I have found them. RHA T10i sounds amazing with high filter on. Fiio X3 as DAP/DAC and T10i together is a very nice combination imho... EDM sounds really good and probably all bass-heavy genres will sound amazingly good.

Yes, if anyone is looking for an IEM that is the kindred spirit of the M-100, I'd not even hesitate to recommend the T10i. 

Jan 23, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #194 of 474
Out of the M100 & T10i which has more details & clarity?

I probably don´t know correct termins, but T10i sounds airier and overall soundstage feels wider to me (with treble filter). M100 and T10i are both very good, but T10i seems much better deal to me (I payd 305€ for M100, 194€ for T10i). A littlebit better bang for lot less buck.

Jan 23, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #195 of 474
I probably don´t know correct termins, but T10i sounds airier and overall soundstage feels wider to me (with treble filter). M100 and T10i are both very good, but T10i seems much better deal to me (I payd 305€ for M100, 194€ for T10i). A littlebit better bang for lot less buck.
. Ok now I really want the T10i, but I found another company called Rock Jaw, they have an earphone called the Kommand and it uses the same tuning filter system as the T10i

Users who are viewing this thread

Back