RHA SA950i
Sep 27, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #3 of 32
Just listening to my Cresyn titanium coated drivers last night. Gotta love Titanium coating when done right! And 105 grams as well which is damn light! Looks like one to keep an eye on.

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

It's gonna be in Apple stores on October 30th or 31st I think.  I've posted a little bit of info here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/630148/rhas-new-sa950i-is-gonna-be-in-apple-stores

Quote:
I will be getting my hands on a pair of these.  

Yeah, me too! 
biggrin.gif
  Ima get a review sample of these as I'm pretty curious about how they sound. 

I've got a pair of their MA350 IEMs and I have been very impressed with them so far - especially in light of what they are ($40 IEMs).

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #6 of 32
Quote:
I will be getting my hands on a pair of these.  

tinyman392, have to gotten yours yet?  Interested in what your initial impressions are.  Feel free to PM me.

Quote:

Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.

Quote:
Sounds pretty positive. They look nice...it seems the build quality is a little lacking though. The question for me is...do they sound better than my Incase Sonics, which are my daily commute 'phones.

Ima be doing a review on these soon.  Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up.  Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #7 of 32
I haven't gotten them yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Oct 24, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #8 of 32
Oct 25, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, the dude listens mainly to podcasts and audiobooks... bit weird.
Ima be doing a review on these soon.  Don't have a pair of Incase Sonics though so I can't tell you how they'd stack up.  Is there anything in my inventory that you would say sounds similar to the Sonics?

I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue. For the price they were on Woot (~$50), I'm happy as hell with them. The build quality and comfort are excellent as well. However, after listening to a pair of B&W P5's, I find myself wanting more. Does that help?

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #10 of 32
Quote:
Does that help?

LOL, yes and no.

Quote:
I wish I had a better answer for you, as I only have limited experience with headphones, and only a passing listen on anything on your list. The Sonics have a balanced signature after break-in, Bassy if the music calls for it, and pretty clear mids & highs. They can get a little harsh, especially on more shrill and precise instruments like a violin , but I suspect that could also be a recording quality or compression issue.

I would say that it leans a bit towards the darker side.  The mids aren't overly or irritatingly recessed to the point of lo-fi cans, but I definitely would not label it mid-centric.  The low end can be a bit boomy at times, and I suppose "bassy if the music calls for it" could fit.  I find the highs to be a bit rolled off for my tastes, though there are people I know here who would find them totally acceptable.  I don't want to say too much as I have yet to put a whole lot of time into the unit yet, but they are certainly not bad cans so far.

I'll be putting in a lot more ear time this coming weekend.  Are there any particular test tracks that you'd like me to audition with them?

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #11 of 32
What do we have here?  Hm...  No impressions yet, I'll wait at least 24 hours before that happens.  As always, I leave you with a teaser picture :wink:
 ​

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #12 of 32
LOL, very very curious as to what you think of them. 
smile.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #13 of 32
Quick impressions...  Overall signature is very balanced with a slight mid-bass focus and soft, splashy highs.  Mids are warm with a nice sweetness.  More will come with time.  I'm about 30 hours in with the burn in process. 

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:
Overall signature is very balanced with a slight mid-bass focus and soft, splashy highs.  Mids are warm with a nice sweetness.

Thanks tinyman!  Nice description.  It's starting to get that way for me with more ear time.  The LF response seems to calm down after the first 8 hours or so. 

Been very occupied with a couple other RHA units lately, so this one hasn't been getting my full attention as of late.  However, my experience with the other RHA units has been that they are indeed the real deal and not just a Johnny-come-lately at all... and so far, the SA950i is fitting in nicely with those expectations. 
smile.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #15 of 32
Wondering if anyone has used these with an android device - or specifically a Galaxy S3?  I'm thinking of getting a pair of these for my commute and need to be able to answer calls etc.  Anyone been there with these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back