RHA S500i Review Programme Applications Now Open!
Oct 3, 2015 at 12:30 AM Post #61 of 63
I think what you were trying to say is...

"Yes my mistake, I'll make sure to not bash a product a company was kind enough to provide me with a sample of before giving it a fair shake. I know that isn't fair to them or the people reading this thread. I come to find out that they aren't harsh and sound pretty good."

I'm not %100 sure that's what you meant, but I'm feeling extra inerpret-ish at the moment :)

Smile buddy, life's too short to take something like discussing headphones to a personal level.

Not at all that I was trying to say, sir. Bashing? Simply outlandish claims there, for a multitude of various reasons. Everything else you stated as what I was "trying to say" was completely unfounded as well, since those are your words in its entirety and not mine.

Nowhere did I state or insinuate anything of the sort with regards to "personal level". Thank you for not interjecting in the future (even though you are free to say whatever you would like).

Loving the S500i, as it's a very comfortable and sweet sounding IEM.

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:56 AM Post #63 of 63
To get back on track...

moedawg140: How long before you noticed the upper end relaxing? This info would be good for the S500i reviewers RHA chose, as well as for your fellow headfi'ers who purchase them.

I can not pinpoint an exact time since I listened for the first few days and then left it to burn in for days on end. I did not notice an immense alteration of the upper midrange after approximately 20 or 30 hours, but after I left it for several days and came back, the upper midrange as well as the overall sound signature was richer, smoother and more coherent. Also, burning in methods, files and/or playlists used, differing volume used to burn in, individual listener's perception and hearing ability to be able to detect the alteration of sound will all vary the time that the effects of the burn in can be detected. A rough estimate though with my methods (pink noise and playlists playing from my iRiver Clix 2, Creative Zen and Questyle Audio QP1R) - 200 hours should be more than enough to detect an alteration of the upper midrange. It may be as little as 40 hours for a person to detect a change, though. But 200 is a reasonably safe, most all-encompassing number that should make for reasonably easy detection of the differing sound signature (especially if one's hearing is tested to be sufficient to exemplary).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back