RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour
Dec 6, 2016 at 1:30 AM Post #107 of 196
I did sweeps but does anyone know the boost freq for bass and treble knobs? Sounds like 55-70Hz and 4-6kHz to me but I'd like to be sure for my review.

Oh man, I packed my tour kit up to send to B9Scrambler, or I'd do some quick measurements for you. I'll definitely do it for my review...

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #108 of 196
  First one is in there: the CL1 stripped bare.

All is revealed, warts and all........

Trev, thanks for putting so much effort into the review, especially in the time you had!

Should probably say thanks to everyone for their efforts so far - we've been keenly watching all the videos and reading all the comments - cheers guys.

Dec 6, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #110 of 196
  Trev, thanks for putting so much effort into the review, especially in the time you had!

Should probably say thanks to everyone for their efforts so far - we've been keenly watching all the videos and reading all the comments - cheers guys.

It was a pleasure Iain, I have had the time off to give the RHA package a huge amount of listening. The CL1s were an instant hit and I can't reveal too much about the CL750 and D1 because they'll be up on review shortly too. The time off has given me the hours to indulge these , the Opus#2 and some other review stuff to my heart's content. 
I understand you need it out there - fast! Once I'd assured myself that the first 20 minutes weren't a flash in the pan , I relaxed into the CL1s for days on end; I felt no pressure at all to rush things.It's great having vacation time with no plans!

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #111 of 196
  Never used them - my ears didn't need them

We have hugely differing tastes. EX1000 Balanced thru a PHA-3 with some bass EQ and I am rocking a huge stage with near perfect mids. Compare that to the Cl1 for 5-$600 and these are pretty poor. I would not rec them at any price.

I would love to get the DAC/AMP which is pretty handy because of the dials and the ability to roll the treble and bass  up or down on top of any EQ already applied with my finger...without looking...in my pocket.

That is awesome.

The bass threads for over ear and IEM are combined for over 1 million views and I am sure that a lot of folks will love my rec on that device.
 So when I ask for 2 spec points related to where the boost point is along the freq and get no answer from the guy who just thanked you and you quote me and add nothing...man...what?

I joined this tour because I have been doing the external dac/amp option as long as anyone not named DanBa and I asked the RHA guy via PM how much the reviewer discount is because it's getting 5 stars and i want one. Guy doesn't answer?
RHA.....my 5 stars are not related to the price of the unit. Pay for play is illegal on this site. Hopefully the fact that we pay for shipping is considered but beyond that I have had 2 questions.
  1. How much? ( after the promised discount)
  2. Where are the 2 boost points?

@Andykong over at Cayin....man if they had something like this i would already be sending my cash because he is straight business. I have a question, he answers it. I did not give the Cayin i5 a particularly glowing review and he doesn't care. They never gave me anything.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #112 of 196
Crikey! I do apologise if I've caused you offence @hawaiibadboy. I was pleased that it sounded just right to my ears. For once I've had to use no eq to tame any edginess, even with my AKG K1000s. I'm not a bass head and I appreciate you are a good ambassador for them.
I think RHA are popping in and out of the threads amongst trying to get their stuff out there to the masses. Iain is very forthcoming when he's on here

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #113 of 196

The bass threads for over ear and IEM are combined for over 1 million views and I am sure that a lot of folks will love my rec on that device.
 So when I ask for 2 spec points related to where the boost point is along the freq and get no answer from the guy who just thanked you and you quote me and add nothing...man...what?

I joined this tour because I have been doing the external dac/amp option as long as anyone not named DanBa and I asked the RHA guy via PM how much the reviewer discount is because it's getting 5 stars and i want one. Guy doesn't answer?
RHA.....my 5 stars are not related to the price of the unit. Pay for play is illegal on this site. Hopefully the fact that we pay for shipping is considered but beyond that I have had 2 questions.
  1. How much? ( after the promised discount)
  2. Where are the 2 boost points?

@Andykong over at Cayin....man if they had something like this i would already be sending my cash because he is straight business. I have a question, he answers it. I did not give the Cayin i5 a particularly glowing review and he doesn't care. They never gave me anything.

Hey man!

Don't be too mad at us - we work with a distribution partner in Japan, so we have to work the discount through them and there's a little delay in finalising the logistics and confirming the amount of discount and how we'll implementing it - keep an eye on your PMs, we'll give you a shout as soon as we can.

Also double-checking the tone control bands - should have an answer on that very shortly.

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #114 of 196
Crikey! I do apologise if I've caused you offence @hawaiibadboy. I was pleased that it sounded just right to my ears. For once I've had to use no eq to tame any edginess, even with my AKG K1000s. I'm not a bass head and I appreciate you are a good ambassador for them.
I think RHA are popping in and out of the threads amongst trying to get their stuff out there to the masses. Iain is very forthcoming when he's on here

LOL

The difference between a guy on vacation and a guy who needs a vacation
redface.gif

Sorry for set blasters on full. I am glad you love em. I mentioned in my vid that i reserved final judgement for when i combine them with the dac/amp in balanced so my view is incomplete.

I love the hell out of the dac/amp though. Genius stuff in form and function

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #115 of 196

Hey man!

Don't be too mad at us - we work with a distribution partner in Japan, so we have to work the discount through them and there's a little delay in finalising the logistics and confirming the amount of discount and how we'll implementing it - keep an eye on your PMs, we'll give you a shout as soon as we can.

Also double-checking the tone control bands - should have an answer on that very shortly.

Hey man!!
biggrin.gif

I ain't mad I'm just being me.
Your dac/amp is genius in form and function and a lot of folks I know will own one for sure pretty soon. It is excellent with all my IEM both audiophile and bassy. Great stuff. Best new item I have tried in a long time.

Sorry for the tone but keep in mind I am buying one. At the end of the day that is the ultimate endorsement and when folks ask me where the bass boost is centered i will tell them. We can EQ with it in mind.

This is a picture of my Santa. I'm a nice guy...really...
wink_face.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #117 of 196
Course you are , and from you that sure is a huge endorsement!

I reviewed the CL first and compared with my steady rig since it is my ref point. You use music in your review to explain what you wanna say which should be the default. Good review. I am now getting adjusted to the dac/amp and will go balanced which I believe has a big effects on sound. Then it should hit it's full stride so i mentioned I will maybe turn my wheel on my opinion.

Listening to Pink Floyd DSoTM "On the Run" the CL were not letting me hear that woman announcing:

..don't forget your hand luggage, have your passports ready. Then follow the green line to customs and then to emigration
BA two-one-five to Rome...

That is a sonic rally pole for me and different drivers let me hear it, parts of it or it is just messed up.

i hate when folks make general claims with no context. This is the exact point in a song that you can check. On my EX1000 in balanced I get it clearly and on the CL not so much. The green parts fine the black part not good on the CL.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #118 of 196
 I reviewed the CL first and compared with my steady rig since it is my ref point. You use music in your review to explain what you wanna say which should be the default. Good review. I am now getting adjusted to the dac/amp and will go balanced which I believe has a big effects on sound. Then it should hit it's full stride so i mentioned I will maybe turn my wheel on my opinion.

Listening to Pink Floyd DSoTM "On the Run" the CL were not letting me hear that woman announcing:

That is a sonic rally pole for me and different drivers let me hear it, parts of it or it is just messed up.

i hate when folks make general claims with no context. This is the exact point in a song that you can check. On my EX1000 in balanced I get it clearly and on the CL not so much. The green parts fine the black part not good on the CL.

It's always useful when reviewers give pieces of info like that about bits in songs that they use as "constants" to rate certain things - going to check out the Pink Floyd track to hear the audio now and see if I should add that to my review tracks.

One of my review standards isn't even an "audiophile" style track - I use "Everybody Knows She's Mine" by BlackBerry Smoke, as there is an acoustic guitar lick that comes in at a similar frequency to the thick riff in the middle of the song about the 20 second mark - the better the separation of the driver I am listening to, the clearer the acoustic sounds without detracting from the main riff, rather than blending in or sounding muffled or muddy. For me, that just helps standardise things.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #119 of 196
It's always useful when reviewers give pieces of info like that about bits in songs that they use as "constants" to rate certain things - going to check out the Pink Floyd track to hear the audio now and see if I should add that to my review tracks.

One of my review standards isn't even an "audiophile" style track - I use "Everybody Knows She's Mine" by BlackBerry Smoke, as there is an acoustic guitar lick that comes in at a similar frequency to the thick riff in the middle of the song about the 20 second mark - the better the separation of the driver I am listening to, the clearer the acoustic sounds without detracting from the main riff, rather than blending in or sounding muffled or muddy. For me, that just helps standardise things.

I used it for stage and then realized that her announcement clarity was really really  driver related and it is in the mid freq range. I am always surprised that Tyler and the Pro's don't use sonic rally points since it is short and displays a specific ability or inability and can be compared with minimal effort and time. You mention something I was talking about in a video about how to EQ bass and separate the bass guitar and kick drum. 2 instruments cannot occupy the same exact freq at the same exact second so cuts are used to create faux separation. Having OCD is a blessing and a curse.

If I can hear that flight announcement completely and the triangle strike at approx 30 seconds into America's Tin Man then I know I am in a good place sonic wise.

I will give the CL their fair shake in Balanced as the EX are balanced.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #120 of 196

I used it for stage and then realized that her announcement clarity was really really  driver related and it is in the mid freq range. I am always surprised that Tyler and the Pro's don't use sonic rally points since it is short and displays a specific ability or inability and can be compared with minimal effort and time. You mention something I was talking about in a video about how to EQ bass and separate the bass guitar and kick drum. 2 instruments cannot occupy the same exact freq at the same exact second so cuts are used to create faux separation. Having OCD is a blessing and a curse.

If I can hear that flight announcement completely and the triangle strike at approx 30 seconds into America's Tin Man then I know I am in a good place sonic wise.

I will give the CL their fair shake in Balanced as the EX are balanced.

Can't wait to watch your reviews haha. It will certainly be interesting (at the least)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back