RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour
Nov 28, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #92 of 196

Just landed.
No sound impressions yet but a video...proof of life kinda thing
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #97 of 196
North American Tour Kit arrived today
L3000.gif

Really hope you can enjoy them. The C1s need lots of power. I have been engaging in lots of debate about them on the other thread. There is a danger headfier's are going to jump to conclusions about them before they give them a chance. The C1 and D1 are a different sound than I was expecting from an IEM /Dac combo and it certainly needed time for me to appreciate what I was hearing.
I will continue to listen to the decamp through various combo's the first 8 hours have all been through the C1. I have put the C1 into an Opus 2 and it was not as good as the Dacamp 1 because it wasn't being driven properly . I have put it through my Ibasso Dx100 and that has a lot more power so it sounded better. That's as far as I've got.

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:46 PM Post #99 of 196
@nmatheis  I looked back at my message to you and saw how it must have read. !!!. I do apologise , it looked like I was telling you how to listen to gear. I would not tell someone with your pedigree how to listen to gear! That would be ridiculous and I think my tone was extremely patronising to you and the lucky headfiers who have got the RHA C1 and D1 and CL750. Sorry to the rest of the group - you are perfectly ok by me to listen to it however you darn well please and form whatever opinions you darn well want to. What would be the point of this otherwise?

Dec 3, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #100 of 196
Many of you will want to know what I think about the Mojo v the D1 . I bet @RHA Iain  will want to know how my IE800 fared against the C1. He has always been an admirer of what the IE800 achieves with one driver. 
Well Iain , unfortunately my IE800s are in the USA having detachable cables fitted. However , I have used them for 3 years so I have a reasonable memory of their signature. I would have to say to you that with the unbalanced cable , based on sound quality alone , the IE800s would have the edge in refinement. But , the balanced cable through the D1 , now that I'm not so sure. I think the C1s could beat them in that situation. Why? The IE800s don't have that level of extension to the treble and are more bloated in the bass, possibly only having a slight edge in the thickness of the mids. I still go back time and time again to the C1/D1 combo , for me that's an inseparable match.

Dec 4, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #103 of 196
^^^ LOLZ :p

I've collected my initial thoughts about these and am going to pass the tour kit on to B9Scrambler early next week for his formal review period. Once everyone in the North American tour is done, I'm going to get them back for final review.

RHA has taken the packaging up a notch. The initial presentation is very good for all but especially for DACAMP L1 and CL1. Great job on that RHA!

A little more about my initial impressions of each without diving into too much detail before my review...

DACAMP L1 is built like a tank, and you can feel that in its weight. I'm liking the sound. The ability to fine tune bass and treble is a nice add-on. Even if most people using this kit will have access to a full blown EQ on their DAP or music app, it's nice to keep things simple sometimes. My only issue so far has been that even on Low Gain, I'm finding it hard to fine tune volume for the IEM. I'd prefer less power on the Low Gain setting and more travel on the volume pot. Ok, I'd also prefer the volume pot to be a bit stiffer. There've been times where I've accidentally turned the music up too loud and then had to quickly turn it down. If I'm really pressed, I'd also prefer more defined clicks as the gain, bass, and treble knobs are turned, but that's getting a bit picky.

On to the IEM...

As opposed to some others, I'm not hearing these as v-shaped. What I am hearing out of both is much more upper mid and treble presence than I've ever heard out of RHA before. With CL1 in particular, the treble extension is just off the charts. I'm generally preferring a warmer, darker sound these days, so they're both quite different than what I'm acclimated to right now. I'm curious to see how burn in will affect them after making the rounds on the tour and will let you guys know what I think in more detail once they make their way back to me.

Alright, enough from me. I'm curious to see how others hear them...

Dec 5, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #105 of 196
ggwp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back