RHA Audio Bankrupt?
Aug 6, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #16 of 47
...or hang on to 'em...collectors items?
Agreed.
I think I’ll get rid…..

I wonder what went wrong for them behind the scenes 🤔
Apart from the whole bank dept situation I think it was just the outcome of numerous poor planned decisions.

The 3 year warranty was a huge risk for them despite how pleasant it was for your average costumer. In my case I bought a CL2 Planar just to get my money reimbursed two and a half years later because the adhesive holding the shell dried up and also because they had discontinued the manufacturing of the product so they couldn't repair it.

They ended up loosing money in my behalf, I gave them a 5 star review on TrustPilot but I suppose it wasn't enough.

Aug 7, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #17 of 47
Agreed.

Apart from the whole bank dept situation I think it was just the outcome of numerous poor planned decisions.

The 3 year warranty was a huge risk for them despite how pleasant it was for your average costumer. In my case I bought a CL2 Planar just to get my money reimbursed two and a half years later because the adhesive holding the shell dried up and also because they had discontinued the manufacturing of the product so they couldn't repair it.

They ended up loosing money in my behalf, I gave them a 5 star review on TrustPilot but I suppose it wasn't enough.

I also think they was running there business on debt so all the new products and trade shows and then mixed with Covid they haven’t survived the debt has not been able to been serviced. The overheads have killed them. I also found a phone number for them but that’s dead now also 01412218506.

how much do they owe any ideas?
Also it looks like they took £500,000 from what I can see in public PR. https://dailybusinessgroup.co.uk/2019/04/rha-boosted-by-500k-from-scottish-loan-scheme/

My conclusion not a firm finger on the pulse.

When my friend went past. He said it was literally fully closed up. Shutters down etc.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #20 of 47
I work with a guy who worked there previously and he said they'd laid off most of the staff, and that was a few months ago. Apparently the founder, who designed the products got kicked out in 2016 or 17, and the company has been all over the place since then.
Why did they lay them off - they just been in trouble for months upon months, all over the place what else do you know please share? :)

I looked into this you appear to be correct Lewis Heath? Guessing the H - RHA

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #23 of 47
Sad. I still have three, a T20i, an MA750, and an MA650i. All were bought at 50% off during official promotions and all still working fine.

Aug 12, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #24 of 47
Agreed.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I’ve only had their cheaper IEMs, (MA350), and the last set I bought stopped working in their second year. They were cheap, so I would have been happy to take the loss, but decided to put RHA to the test. The sent me a replacement set.

Excellent service, but the replacements failed. This time they sent out a set of RHA 390. They didn’t last long either, but the three years was up. I only paid £20 for the original pair, and it cost RHA 3 sets of IEMs, plus the cost of postage.

Having a high failure rate combined with an excellent 3 year warranty can’t be a good for the financials.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #25 of 47
I was thinking exactly the same thing.

I’ve only had their cheaper IEMs, (MA350), and the last set I bought stopped working in their second year. They were cheap, so I would have been happy to take the loss, but decided to put RHA to the test. The sent me a replacement set.

Excellent service, but the replacements failed. This time they sent out a set of RHA 390. They didn’t last long either, but the three years was up. I only paid £20 for the original pair, and it cost RHA 3 sets of IEMs, plus the cost of postage.

Having a high failure rate combined with an excellent 3 year warranty can’t be a good for he financials.
Yeah, I'm probably being a huge hypocrite since I also took advantage of the warranty but in retrospect I don't think they should have allowed it, at least no further than the typical 2 years here in EU.

Perhaps they knew their manufacturing was cheap enough that cases like these would be common so the decision to extend the warranty was a more safe action in the long run.

Who can say for sure right? =)

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #27 of 47
One of my friends who works at a shop who use to sell Rha said he received email saying they now officially ceased trading.

🪦
Damn, I will miss them. Really wanted to support this company since they weren't that well known and had new and interesting projects like the CL2, even if the tuning wasn't what the rest of the industry liked.

Aug 12, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #28 of 47
Yeah, I'm probably being a huge hypocrite since I also took advantage of the warranty but in retrospect I don't think they should have allow it, at least no further than the typical 2 years here in EU.

Perhaps they knew their manufacturing was cheap enough that cases like these would be common so the decision to extend the warranty was a more safe action in the long run.

Who can say for sure right? =)
Their entry level IEMs were made with lovely aluminium housings, which gave the impression of high quality. However, after 2 warranty replacements (plus a previously purchased pair that failed, but not warranty claimed), I realised their money should have gone into making a product last rather than looking/feeling nice.

I wondered just how much profit they'd be making on a product that had to be replaced under warranty more than once. I took the decision not to buy any of their products again, despite actually liking them. I'm sure I wasn't alone.

Still, it's a shame if RHA are gone now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back