Rex Grossman Appreciation Thread.
Oct 18, 2006 at 12:01 PM Post #16 of 22
I was definitely rooting for the Bears, having lived in Chicago from 1978-1988 and watching the Bears, and seeing them evolve to the 1985 Monsters of the Midway. I was quite surprised to see the score at 14-0 when I tuned in to the game, and I kept waiting for the offense to wake up (and Grossman to quit coughing up the ball).
rolleyes.gif

The Bears have always been known for their defense, and it sure saved their bacon this time.

The Cardinals have an eerie resemblance to the Chicago Cubs with their ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Hopefully Matt Leinart will help them to overcome their Cubness.

Oct 19, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #17 of 22
I'm amazed that the Bears won. I'm also amazed that Brian Griese wasn't brought into the game at some point. Kyle Orton never looked that bad, and he looked horrible last year.

Oct 19, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ameyer17
I'm amazed that the Bears won. I'm also amazed that Brian Griese wasn't brought into the game at some point. Kyle Orton never looked that bad, and he looked horrible last year.

To Rex's credit, Arizona's defense was just on fire. Any quarterback would have had a problem against that Cardinal defense on that night.

Oct 19, 2006 at 8:06 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
To Rex's credit, Arizona's defense was just on fire. Any quarterback would have had a problem against that Cardinal defense on that night.

I'm not 100% sure that you're right. He certainly had a horrible game and he's possibly headed for the bench if he doesn't get things turned around quickly IMO.

Oct 19, 2006 at 8:09 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by ameyer17
I'm not 100% sure that you're right. He certainly had a horrible game and he's possibly headed for the bench if he doesn't get things turned around quickly IMO.

Yeah. It's entirely possible that it was his poor performance that made the Cardinal's defense look brilliant. They've shown signs of greatness at other points in this nightmare of a season, on the other hand.

Oct 19, 2006 at 1:27 PM Post #21 of 22
rex sucked hardcore.

i am a die-hard bears fan but that game was painful to watch.

props to our defense and special teams but grossman needs to learn from this game.

i cry myself to sleep at night thinking grossman will have a repeat performance in the next couple of weeks.

Oct 19, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo
Yeah. It's entirely possible that it was his poor performance that made the Cardinal's defense look brilliant.

He sure made the secondary look good, but that is a good point about the Cardinal D. Well, the D-Line performed fantastic. Beside watching the game and viewing the Chicago ineptitude in rushing and proctecting the qb, let's look at the tape. (courtesy NFL.com). I bet that Bear O-line gets just a big a butt chewin' as their qb:

Bears season avg (including vs Cardinals): 97.6 rushing, 1.33 sacks
Bears vs Cardinals: 34yd rushing, 2 sacks which led to 2 forced fumbles

The Cardinal D-Line/Linebackers were very good.

Who knows about the secondary. It wouldn't take a very good Secondary to beat Grossman last Monday. He was flingin' that pigskin all over. Even in the second half, when the Cards used deep cover zones and said, "beat us Rexy," that cat still flung 'em all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back