Rex Grossman Appreciation Thread.
Oct 17, 2006 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

virometal

Headphoneus Supremus
Here's to you Rex for one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a NFL quarterback. And his team still won the game!

Here's Rex's line - 14/37 148yds 0TD's 4int's 2 fumbles 10.7, that's right a 10.7 passer rating!

Here's to you Arizona for somehow managing to lose the game despite 6 Chicago turnovers, or should I say Rex Grossman turnovers. Oh that's not all Arizona. You also eclipsed Chicago in total yards 286 to 186 and t.o.p. 39:43 to 20:17. With the ball almost twice as much a Chicago, the Cardinals could only muster 66 yards on 38 rushing attempts.

That was the craziest game these eyes have ever witnessed. The Bears beaome the 1st team in NFL history to come back from 20 or more points down and not score a single offensive Touchdown!

Oct 17, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 22
At 20-3 or w/e it was, I had a very good feeling it would end with a CHI win. ARI is a flash in a pan at time, but nothing more.

Its a good day for Rex to **** the bed and have a horrid game. Its not often you can do that and still win.

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 22
^ Did you have a rooting interest? I was neutral, and thought the Card's had a great shot with 5 minutes left in the 4th. Who wouldn't think that even the Cardinals could pull out the win up 23-10 with 5 minutes left?

Then Urlacher stripped James, and a strange breeze of forgone conclusion seemed to sweep through the stadium.

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #5 of 22
I wasnt rooting for either team, I guess I was just rooting for an interesting game, and we got that

It could of been pretty bad, if the Cardinals from the past few weeks showed up, and the CHC who beat SEA showed up, we would be looking at a 48-0 after the 1st quarter, and about 500k watching the next 3 Q's, so it turned out pretty good

Oct 17, 2006 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Even with the supposed resurgence in the offensive game, Rex sucked hardcore. I had given up on the game practically. Just goes to show you that here in Chicago the defense still wins the games!

You gave up on them!? The 13-3 Bears from a few years ago taught me never to turn the tv off until the end of the game.

Oct 18, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #7 of 22
I was gonna turn it off after the first quarter when the Bears were down 20-0, but I left it on, and I'm glad I did. I can't say it was a GOOD game exactly, but it was an exciting one, especially near the end. Was good to see the Bears defense and special teams not give up, even though their offense was sucking it up hard all game.

Oct 18, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #12 of 22
Bears didn't win it, the Cards once again figured out a way to give away a game they had in the bag. I've never been a fan of the Cards since they got here; I just watch because they invent new ways to lose almost every week, it's pretty incredible if you look at their entire body of work for the last decade.
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #13 of 22
I live here in Arizona (Born in MN, so I'm a Vikes fan, and quite pissed that we couldn't get closer to the division leader), and people are absolutely livid. Neil Rackers is getting torched. If he wasn't Jesus last year, people would already be putting the finishing feathers on him...

Oct 18, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #14 of 22
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good!!
biggrin.gif

Really...ask Denny Greene what he thinks this AM.
eek.gif

It's good to see Rex Grossman with an opportunity to play with some semblance of health. The man must have taken calcium tablets in the off-season or something, as he doesn't seem nearly so brittle this season. A coworker of mine has been saying for two years now that he was going to be a good QB...guess he was right.

Speaking of which, so is Matt Leinert. I'm thinking that the Lions are going to regret passing on him in the last draft.

Oct 18, 2006 at 9:56 AM Post #15 of 22
I was at work during the game. I happened to walk out to my truck and flipped on the radio to check the score. 17-0 with two minutes left in the first half. I was elated, yet, somehow I knew it was just too good to be true. The Cardinals are truly cursed and they need to consult a witch-doctor.

I think I heard on the news tonight that they just fired Rackers and the offensive coordinator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back