Rewiring e2cs?
Apr 23, 2007 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Brycey

New Head-Fier
Well, basically the left earbud on my e2cs is 95% dead. My right one, however, is not. I can get sound to come out of the left one if I pinch the cable at a certain spot and move it around right near the bud. I read this thread but I don't think it will help out too much:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ght=rewire+e2c

So, has anyone else rewired their e2cs? I've had these for a couple years, but I just wanted to experiment with them since I don't really use them anymore. I tried searching google and head-fi for anything, but really didn't come up with much.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Apr 23, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 12
had the same problem, but thank god i was within warranty lol

Apr 24, 2007 at 2:25 AM Post #5 of 12
My left is 99% dead, and I was just thinking the same thing: what's inside, and can I handle it? The break on mine appears to be right at the earpiece, more or less. The link provided is for a break farther down the line than mine.

Apr 24, 2007 at 3:11 AM Post #6 of 12
I am having the same problem actually where the sound goes out except when pinching the wires in a certain place (for me, this is pushing the wiring up against the bud itself). I believe this is a sign of a wire short, not a problem with the actual internals of the bud itself. I will be sending them into Shure once I find my purchase papers. There are really no screws on these things so I am a little bit wary about taking them apart and redoing the wiring. They are probably fastened with some sort of special glue not available to consumers.

Apr 24, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 12
I tried dissecting mine, big mistake. Never seemed to get it back together in one piece. Guess it's time to upgrade for you.
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #12 of 12
Thanks man, awesome. Surprise I didn't find your post. Didn't think about 'recable' just 'rewire'
tongue.gif

But yeah, I don't have a warranty. I have some V-Moda Vibes for the time being!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back