rewire sennheiser hd 280 pro for mobile phone
Apr 8, 2011 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

speed51133

New Head-Fier
Hi all. First off I dont have an iPhone. I have an HTC thunderbolt. Apple phones and players all have DIFFERENT terminal connections. I have learned this by buying many headers and returning them. Android phones can't use the Apple standard three button and Mic control. Android can only use a Mic and a clicker. There are apps that allow the clicker to control eveything.

With that out of the way... Is like to rewire my 280 pros to have a Mic and clicker. I'd also like the cable to be a little more mobile friendly than the current one.

Can anyone recommend a pre made cable or even sell me one? I can install it fine but don't want to make the cable. Looking to pay a forum user or a sponsor. I emailed wiplash but I suspect a 200$ price or even way more and I don't want to pay that. I don't need very exotic cable.

Thanks.

Ps if I must DIY can someone point me where to buy a clicker and Mic? I can't find them online.

Apr 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 7
You could try Moon Audio, send an EMail to them and see if they can do it for You. Or You can try the DIY Forum's up top under the Misc.- catagory section, maybe there is something there for You.

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #5 of 7
Sorry to hear either of them could help, hopefully You found the right solution and it come's out right. Let Me know how it turn's out for You. 

gs1000.gif

Apr 15, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #6 of 7
well, i got the cable and it was China crap. totally garbage.

i ended up getting an actual monster cable with mic for the dr dre beats.

i also ordered a 3.5mm female panel mount jack with 3 poles.

ill let the pics speak the rest:
this is how the cable is OEM. it has a circuit board on there because the hd280 pros are the same as a model with a mic boom. i did not want a boom, and wanted a clicker.
attach]

I cut off the cable and cut off the circuit board, then soldered on the female jack.
attach]

all closed up:
attach]

you can see the mic and clicker here and notice its a much easier to deal with cable. the OEM sennheiser cable SUCKS unless your in an easy chair and dont move.

this was my first time soldering and my first time fooling around with headphones.thanks to all

Apr 16, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 7
Ouch!  
eek.gif
  so if You sneeze will the channel on the TV change or not, then it's multi purpose.   
popcorn.gif
    Really sorry You had to go thru all this insanity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back