Revols: cool self-molding, wireless earphones
Nov 10, 2015 at 11:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Zoide

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

Has anyone heard about the Revols? They just started a KickStarter and it looks super interesting. Apparently they are custom-molded but you don't need to go to an audiologist. You just pop them in when you first get them and they automagically mold to your ears' shape and harden. Plus they're wireless and such. I haven't read any trusty Head-Fi impressions yet, so I wanted to know if anyone had gotten a preview of what they actually sound like.

Here's the campaign page:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/revols/revols-premium-quick-custom-fit-wireless-earphones

Thanks

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:51 AM Post #2 of 9
Hi,

Just saw their wares on an Engadget post and have since checked out their Kickstarter page  Very interested to learn how their self-moulding tips work.  Fascinating concept and though I've no use for BT headphones, their tip-technology has me intrigued....  

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #4 of 9
It's great tech.  If they can pair up with someone like JH or one of the other boutique firms they could get big together.  

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 9
I'd like to see the tech simply licensed out to real headphone companies.

But then again, who cares if you have to go to an audiologist? So it takes a few days. Good things come to those who wait. I've not dabbled in customs yet, but its not because of the audiologist and wait time - its the price of big ticket items which is my stumbling block.  Putting custom fit on a cheap headphone is a waste of time, is it not?

Also, this could jeopardize the superior methods currently available. No, I think I'll see someone who knows what they are doing. It costs a bit more but surely worth it.

The fact that they are playing to the BT 4.0 crowd says a lot too.

Nov 21, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 9
I agree that putting custom tips on a cheap headphone is a waste of time and this technology should be licensed.  

I disagree that the current method to get custom earphones made isn't a problem.   Getting molds, then sending them off, then waiting for months, then to risk having them not fit?   No thanks.   I stuck with universals for a reason.  But for all the discussions about tip rolling, this tech may be the killer solution.    

Dec 8, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #7 of 9
Jul 24, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #9 of 9
Old thread.
I ordered Revols.
Notice of crowdfunded successful 1/8/16.
When I received first pair and then a replacement I couldn't get them to sync with my phone (iPhone X).
Multiple emails to customer support had them just cut/pasting the same solutions.
Stuck with nothing that works. I have returned both pairs to them and they won't refund.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back