REVISED- How Much Money Did You Spend?
Dec 21, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #17 of 68
I only bought one pair of headphones worth $100 since I came here. I'm not too easily swayed into purchasing tons of things based on people's opinion. Most of the stuff I want to buy I've got to research for weeks in advance and test it out if possible..

I don't know if most of you guys buy things on impulse, or if you put a lot of research into it before buying it, or if you're all just so rich you can afford to splurge a huge amount of money on audio products that it doesn't even affect your bank balance significantly.

So which one is it?

Dec 21, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #19 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only bought one pair of headphones worth $100 since I came here. I'm not too easily swayed into purchasing tons of things based on people's opinion. Most of the stuff I want to buy I've got to research for weeks in advance and test it out if possible..

I don't know if most of you guys buy things on impulse, or if you put a lot of research into it before buying it, or if you're all just so rich you can afford to splurge a huge amount of money on audio products that it doesn't even affect your bank balance significantly.

So which one is it?

Same here. And I didn't even buy anything! All for free.
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:59 AM Post #21 of 68
Obviously not enough!
Since I stay around here, looking for new gear to buy...
tongue.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #23 of 68
This thread seems to be a nice proof for that slogan "Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet"
Only 1 person seems to be unaffected by that sentence so far
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:53 PM Post #24 of 68
$300 westone UM2
$300 used sony SA5000
$~275 Bijou build
$50 old MINT amp (now defunct)
$40 Alien DAC (also defunct)
$100 incoming Opus + USB reciever
$750 balanced Beta22 under contruction
$100ish so far - upcoming speaker amp project involving 866A's and possibly GM70s or 845s, which I'm now convinced should not happen once I add up the above
frown.gif

Dec 21, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #25 of 68
About 900usd$, but will propably buy a ESW9 and tomahawk next year to get the "ultimate" portable setup. Maybe add a couple of 100usd$ for a nice diy amp and hopefully 1 500usd$+ headphone

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #26 of 68
Wow, adding up my expenditures, I come to a scary amount.
Especially considering I'm a student.

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #30 of 68
Pretty bad some of you have spent more on audio gear than I even make in a year. I really need a new job. Law enforcement barely pays the bills anymore. Luckily I am starting school next month for nursing hopefully becoming a nurse anesthetist when it is all said and done. But so far in less than a month I have been here I have spent $300 and I am getting ready to spend another $300 and I just got a pair of $100 cans for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back