Reviews/opinions/thoughts on Klipsch Image S4A 2?
Nov 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

imeem

100+ Head-Fier
So i just got the Klipsch Image S4A 2 cuz it was on sale for $69.99 CAD and i lost my iBeats. 

how are they considering their price and how does it compare to my old iBeats? I'm not trying them on yet because I'm waiting for black friday to see if there are better and cheaper ones. 

i can't find any reviews on it. 

Nov 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 15
We don't have many reviews about them, but supposedly it's not as flawed as the S4s, for example the sniper-piercing sibilance and poor durability. From my own experience, the S4s destroy the iBeats in terms of everything, including clarity, soundstage, comfort, and even bass. I only got to try on the iBeats twice since a friend had a pair.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 15
K found a review on the S4 2 by CNET. Also, i found my iBeats in 1 of my hoodies, (i think it has been washed, but sounds the same i think). Guess i'll be returning the S4A 2

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #4 of 15
They were my first decent IEM and if you've never heard anything but cheap IEM's you get at Walmart or what ever than they sound fine but once you hear a good IEM then you can easily hear their deficiencies.  So if this is your first IEM upgrade its not to bad of a choice.

You might want to see about getting the Sony MH1C which is only $25 and they sound very good not just for the price but compared to IEM's cost over $100.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 15
K found a review on the S4 2 by CNET. Also, i found my iBeats in 1 of my hoodies, (i think it has been washed, but sounds the same i think). Guess i'll be returning the S4A 2

Interesting that CNET gives the S4 IIs 0.5 stars off, supporting the fact that the original was spectacular in audio quality, comfortable and well isolated, and claiming that the new one fixed it's durability flaws while keeping the amazing sound; and these are the people who convinced me to purchase the S4s 3 years ago in the first place... *sigh*

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 15
I wouldn't put to much stock in a Cnet review or reviews on Amazon, if you want real reviews this site and a few others are the way to go and there's also some good blogs but your not going to find many reviews for the S4 as its just not that popular on Head-Fi.

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #7 of 15
Before joining this site I also got suckered into the S4 by some reviews including the Cnet one. I keep them to remind me how bad they sound in comparison to the nice ones I have accumulated.  I second Techno Kid's recommendation for the MH1C's.

Nov 17, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #8 of 15
Before joining this site I also got suckered into the S4 by some reviews including the Cnet one. I keep them to remind me how bad they sound in comparison to the nice ones I have accumulated.  I second Techno Kid's recommendation for the MH1C's.

I bought two foolishly, when I had the chance to get the SE215s (before getting the second one for the same price). Both are broken, and I still haven't got the time to repair the jacks to make them work again. Anyone would be lucky to have them still working after a year. To be honest, they were a HUGE upgrade to the old earbuds and crappy headphones I would get when one of them would break, and that they were the gateway to finding better headphones.

Nov 17, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 15
The S4 was my gateway to higher end IEM's also.  If it wasn't for the S4 and even Beats there wouldn't be as many people getting into the high end and more audiophile type products.  Even though they don't sound great compared to a lot of IEM's and headphones so just the fact they introduced people to quality audio is a very good thing. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
Like Sycho said, we improved the durability and design of the entire S4 family and cleaned up some of the sibilance at the top-end.

I've no complaints about the sound quality nor the durability, although I've only had these for a little over one month.
My issue is the Klipsch Android app for the controller.  
This is universally acknowledged as a 'crap app' by owners of the many popular android devices that the Klipsch app won't work for.
When will the updates be ready for the Motorola Razr in particular?  What will happen when Jellybean rolls out?

Great sounding earphones.  Great price.  Lousy app and device support.

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
I've no complaints about the sound quality nor the durability, although I've only had these for a little over one month.
My issue is the Klipsch Android app for the controller.  
This is universally acknowledged as a 'crap app' by owners of the many popular android devices that the Klipsch app won't work for.
When will the updates be ready for the Motorola Razr in particular?  What will happen when Jellybean rolls out?

Great sounding earphones.  Great price.  Lousy app and device support.

"Universally acknowledged" is a very strong and unfair term seeing as the headphones are compatible with a ton of the most popular Android headphones out there. Also, it is very difficult to make any accessory compatible with ALL Android devices due to the incredible amount of fragmentation both software and hardware wise.

Cannot 100% confirm right now but I have been told that the Jellybean update should fix the issues with the Razr.

Jan 18, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #14 of 15
"Universally acknowledged" is a very strong and unfair term seeing as the headphones are compatible with a ton of the most popular Android headphones out there. Also, it is very difficult to make any accessory compatible with ALL Android devices due to the incredible amount of fragmentation both software and hardware wise.

Cannot 100% confirm right now but I have been told that the Jellybean update should fix the issues with the Razr.
What about Samsung Galáctica S 3?

Mar 5, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #15 of 15
May I ask whether this earphones also work on a iPod Nano?  I got both a Samsung Galaxy S3 and an old iPod Nano which I also often use.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back