[Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin i5 - Android based AK4490 DAP with WiFi, Dropbox and Google Play
Oct 10, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #16 of 256
My friend, you have signed up already.
biggrin.gif

Singapore is definitely in our scope, I hope we can attract more Singapore HeadFier to join the tour and make it a mini-hub for the event.

Awesome! Thanks Andy!

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #17 of 256
:confused_face(1): :confused_face(1): :confused_face(1):
Is there any options to attract more reviewer to join the tour? The respond is way below expectation, lets hope there will be more HeadFier interested in the Tour otherwise we have to plan for alternative arrangement.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 12, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #18 of 256
That's quick and welcome on board. Just back on my PC after a long day in RMAF.

You have something that I really want to find out if it paired well with Cayin i5: the beautiful B^W P7. I only tried this briefly in the past and like it very much. Can't wait to how if this is a pair that can work out. :beerchug:

I've been wanting to try this unit for a while so I made no hesitation to sign up. Really hope this tour gets going cause I've been hearing some good things about this and at you request I'll spend extra time with it and the B&W P7

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #19 of 256
Count me in! I've been itching to get back into the review tours.

Username: PinkyPowers

Reviews:
Cayin N5 Review
Astell & Kern AK120II Review
FiiO X7 Review
ADEL U12 Review

Equipment:
64Audio ADEL U12
Rhapsodio Solar CIEM
JHAudio Angie (possibly. might be sold by then.)
Audio Technica ATH-IM03
Klipsch X7i
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear
Sennheiser HD600

DAPs for Comparison:
FiiO X5 Classic
Astell&Kern AK120II

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #21 of 256
Hello, nice initiative!
I've used Spotify and Tidal for many time on my smartphone in the past. But there were no good Android DAPs back then so I went through the non Android DAPs road. Maybe this player can change my mind on Android DAPs. I would like to try it if you have space for me, I'm impressed on Cayin brand with my N6.
Username: mdiogofs
Past reviews: Only impressions in my country audio Forum and here on Head-Fi. I've never had interest in writing reviews in Head-Fi but I appreciate the people who does that. But I can share my impressions on this and even writing my first review here (I read a lot of reviews here). 
Equipment to be used and compared: Cayin N6 (had iBasso DX80 before), OnePlus One, Earsonics S-EM9, Earsonics SM64, Etymotic ER4SR, Fidue A71, Havi B3 Pro I, Ostry KC06, Vsonic VSD3S. All FLAC and DSD files.

Oct 12, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #22 of 256
Not an audiophile here but just a casual hifi listener.

I usually spend 6-8 hours daily listening to hifi audio carried by either my Onkyo DP-X1, Cowon Plenue D, Benjie S5 thru my Trinity Audio Vyrus, Monk+ IEMs, Oppo PM3 and Hifiman i400 cans with balanced cables.

Spotify/Tidal subscriber and mostly listen to FLACs, MP3s and a few DSDs. Genre spans from classicals, pops, jazz and R&Bs.

I can create an impression that can be understood by a majority of casual, everyday hifi listeners.

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #23 of 256
Count me in! I've been itching to get back into the review tours.

Username: PinkyPowers

Reviews:
Cayin N5 Review
Astell & Kern AK120II Review
FiiO X7 Review
ADEL U12 Review

Equipment:
64Audio ADEL U12
Rhapsodio Solar CIEM
JHAudio Angie (possibly. might be sold by then.)
Audio Technica ATH-IM03
Klipsch X7i
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear
Sennheiser HD600

DAPs for Comparison:
FiiO X5 Classic
Astell&Kern AK120II

Good to see you again, welcome HOME ! :biggrin: :beerchug:

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #24 of 256
I'm from Australia. Interested in testing this out as I want an Android player with Spotify and Tidal support.

Welcome onboard. :beerchug:

I assume the equipment list in your proile is updated, and you'll select whatever headphone from the list that you see fit when you review i5 in the tour.

Mind to tell me the city you are located? Can I assume you are in the East coast of Australia?

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #25 of 256
Hello, nice initiative!
I've used Spotify and Tidal for many time on my smartphone in the past. But there were no good Android DAPs back then so I went through the non Android DAPs road. Maybe this player can change my mind on Android DAPs. I would like to try it if you have space for me, I'm impressed on Cayin brand with my N6.
Username: mdiogofs
Past reviews: Only impressions in my country audio Forum and here on Head-Fi. I've never had interest in writing reviews in Head-Fi but I appreciate the people who does that. But I can share my impressions on this and even writing my first review here (I read a lot of reviews here). 
Equipment to be used and compared: Cayin N6 (had iBasso DX80 before), OnePlus One, Earsonics S-EM9, Earsonics SM64, Etymotic ER4SR, Fidue A71, Havi B3 Pro I, Ostry KC06, Vsonic VSD3S. All FLAC and DSD files.

Very good, we shall looking forward to your first impression on HeadFi with Cayin i5 :beerchug:

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #26 of 256
Not an audiophile here but just a casual hifi listener.

I usually spend 6-8 hours daily listening to hifi audio carried by either my Onkyo DP-X1, Cowon Plenue D, Benjie S5 thru my Trinity Audio Vyrus, Monk+ IEMs, Oppo PM3 and Hifiman i400 cans with balanced cables.

Spotify/Tidal subscriber and mostly listen to FLACs, MP3s and a few DSDs. Genre spans from classicals, pops, jazz and R&Bs.

I can create an impression that can be understood by a majority of casual, everyday hifi listeners.

Very good, welcome on board.

That would be an interesting perspective, and probably a more important perspective as we must not forget the original intention of audiophile hobby is music appreciation. :beerchug:

By the way, which city are you located?

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #27 of 256
Welcome onboard.
beerchug.gif

I assume the equipment list in your proile is updated, and you'll select whatever headphone from the list that you see fit when you review i5 in the tour.

Mind to tell me the city you are located? Can I assume you are in the East coast of Australia?

Hi, yes all the equipment is current and the Cayin i5 will have to show its mettle from $50 IEMs to the mighty HD800/TH900/LCD2 et al..

No excuses here and my Cayin C5 is a total champion so expecting big things from the Cayin i5.

Yes, I,m located in Melbourne.

Oct 13, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #30 of 256
I have received numerous PM regarding the Tour arrangement, I have clarify them through PM but I think they are relevant to other HeadFier who are interested in the i5, so I'll orgainze them into Q&A for your reference.

(1) Is it possible if I want like to keep the tour sample for longer then 1 week in order to do a more thorough review?

Yes, this is possible and we have accommodated this in previous DAP tour. Normally the FIRST reviewer in a Tour group can keep the Tour unit for TWO weeks, and subsequent reviewer can keep the unit for 1 week. We offer a slightly longer review period to our first reviewer of each group because we expect he/she need more time to explore the basic feature of the player, and subsequent reviewers will take advantages of the aging and writing of the first reviewer.

The last reviewer of the group will also have the flexibility to keep the Test unit for longer period because the delay in completing the review will no longer affect other participants in the tour.

Therefore if you planned to do a comprehensive review report for i5 during the tour and would like to have more time to complete your test, please drop me a PM to discuss the arrangement and I'll consider your writing plan and previous review record during my Tour scheduling.

(2) I am not proficient in writing a review in English, can I publish in non-English forum instead?

The rules of the tour actually has facilitated leeway for non-English publication. Under Terms and instruction, we have stated:
By signing up to the tour, you are agreed to post a formal review and/or some form of impressions within 14 days after your audition period, and Cayin can use your review of the i5 DAP for promotional purposes.

We deliberately do not mentioned HeadFi at this stage. And then under Publication guideline:

On top of the HeadFi forum, you are welcome to post your review/impression to your local HeadFi forum/blog/magazine etc., but please provide the link or electronic version of your writing in this thread as previously suggested.

HeadFi is our preferred forum so if you were to can write in English, please include HeadFi as one of your publication platform, but we have also stated that HeadFi forum is not the only platform and you can fulfill the publication requirement by posting your review/impression in your local forum. The only requirement is to provide a link to the publication so that we can at least try to check it out with Google Translation. In case we run into difficulty in accessing the link you have provided, we might request a PDF version of your review for our reference.

(3) HeadFi forum is not popular in my country, what happen if I am the only one in my country apply for the tour?

Whenever we send a DAP out of a country during a tour, this will involve high mailing cost and potential tax consequence, so this can be a problem indeed. We have had similar issue in previous tour and I have to turn down a review application, or the reviewer back out after he find out the logistic cost he/she might involved. I'll try my best to take geographical considerations into account when I plan the tour schedule. I have also encourage sharing of logistic cost in the same location in this tour announcement. I can further elaborate the arrangement as follow:
  • If we have 2-4 tour applicants from one country, and the last reviewer of the country will be required to send the item out of the country, we should split the final logistic cost among the 2-4 tour reviewers.
  • If we have 5 or more applicants from one country, we can form a tour group for the country and Cayin will be responsible for all the international shipping cost by default under this arrangement, so please try your best to bring your friends or peers on board the tour, this might result in a win-win result for everyone.

If you have any question or suggestion regarding the tour, please feel free to raise your concern and I shall try my best to accommodate your request if we can minimize the disturb to other tour reviewer. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back