REVIEW: Xiaomi Piston 2 - Re-defining "Budget-Fi"?
Jun 21, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #106 of 156
  Nice review.

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #107 of 156
  Just received my Xiaomi Piston (obviously v. 2.1), and I'm very pleased with the sound and the overall quality. 
In Germany it seems you can only buy them from one shop via amazon.de. I paid € 21,90 including tax which I consider ok. 

They are still burning in, but I like the sound out of the box, although the v-shape isn't so much my preferred sound signature. Might try the foam-removal-mod one day. 

This is my setup for outdoors sports. 27g. 
ksc75smile.gif

One early observation: With these IEMs, I hear MP3 compresson artifacts in the treble very clearly. I guess I'll do myself a favor and workout only with lossless audio! 
wink.gif

As you can see in the photo, I need to use a special adapter with the iPod shuffle (3rd generation), because the Piston's buttons don't work here.

What does this special adapter does? Does it make the volume buttons work please?

Jul 5, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #108 of 156

What does this special adapter does? Does it make the volume buttons work please?

IIRC, it does not make the Pistons' buttons (rather, all three of them) work properly. The adapter seems to be a someting-to-CMTP adapter, which should more or less make the middle button work. The Pistons are only fully compatible with Xiaomi phones, and some do work properly on certain Android devices. From experience, though, only the middle button works with Apple devices.

Jul 19, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #110 of 156
  IIRC, it does not make the Pistons' buttons (rather, all three of them) work properly. The adapter seems to be a someting-to-CMTP adapter, which should more or less make the middle button work. The Pistons are only fully compatible with Xiaomi phones, and some do work properly on certain Android devices. From experience, though, only the middle button works with Apple devices.

Correct. The adapter is used to make any device with a small three-pole-plug work with an ipod shuffle or other apple devices. The buttons on the pistons are not active in this scenario.
I observed that all the Piston's buttons work with my iPhone 4s, but none of them with the iPod Shuffle... 

Sep 17, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #114 of 156
  http://www.amazon.com/Original-Xiaomi-Earphone-Headphone-Smartphone/dp/B00HUNUOJW/ref=cm_cd_ql_qh_dp_t

these are sold by Xiaomi

Careful who the seller is. I bought one from this very link and received fakes from the marketplace seller. I got a refund and placed another order with Roberts super store who sent me legit ones. So it can be hit or miss, do your research!

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #119 of 156
do you leave boomsound setting enabled?

No, all "boomsound" does is muddy up the low end to unacceptable levels. It mimics the "loudness" button on aftermarket auto stereos in my opinion.

You can try improving sound quality by updating the m8 dsp. There is a lengthy thread at xdadev for the upgrade process: http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8/development/mod-harman-kardon-conversion-htc-one-m8-t2827439

Users who are viewing this thread

Back